PDA

View Full Version : i had an epiphany tonight

brandon-punkrocks
10-07-2006, 12:12 AM
so i was watching this weezer coverband at this punkrock fall formal thing here in philly and i had an epiphany that kind of goes along with what nate kinsella said.

i'm not going to go as far as to say that every band should break up. but here's the thing. about 10% of bands should stay together and keep writing and playing what they are, how they are.

every other band should either break up or stop writing their own songs and just become full time cover bands. and not the type of band that changes the songs. they play it exactly as it was written. i mean if they're going to jock the style anyway, why not just play the same exact song. at least then i can get into it.

the weezer cover band was awesome though.

chunk
10-07-2006, 12:19 AM
My epiphany: Brandon still isn't here. Move here... I have an extra bedroom.

Big_Guy
10-07-2006, 07:12 AM
wasn't it Tim Kinsella?

brandon-punkrocks
10-07-2006, 07:15 AM
the chinaman is not the issue here dude.

BNO
10-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Or you could just not listen to bands you think are bad.

adam punknews.org
10-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Ass Cobra

Bingo.

The most important thing that the original wave of punk did was make it allowable for anyone, regardless of who they are, to be able to form a band. While that means there will be plenty of crappy bands with nothing to say, at least they're giving it a shot. That environment gives birth to the "worthy" bands as well as the forgettable ones.

The alternative only leads to elitism.

Fuzzy
10-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by adam punknews.org
Bingo.

The most important thing that the original wave of punk did was make it allowable for anyone, regardless of who they are, to be able to form a band. While that means there will be plenty of crappy bands with nothing to say, at least they're giving it a shot. That environment gives birth to the "worthy" bands as well as the forgettable ones.

The alternative only leads to elitism. You forget that brandon loves elitism.

brandon-punkrocks
10-07-2006, 10:49 AM
i do love elitism oh so much.

Red Medicine
10-07-2006, 02:00 PM
What I hate is that this boost in the formation of bands has led to the watering-down of many rosters that used to be consistently awesome. I can still remember when, in 2000-2001, I thought Jade Tree was the best label in existence. But now they've signed boring Franz Ferdinand-spinoffs like Anti-Anti and Panda/Bear, and I haven't ordered anything from them since early 2005 (new PIB and a shirt, I believe).

musical-monkey
10-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Red Medicine
What I hate is that this boost in the formation of bands has led to the watering-down of many rosters that used to be consistently awesome. I can still remember when, in 2000-2001, I thought Jade Tree was the best label in existence. But now they've signed boring Franz Ferdinand-spinoffs like Anti-Anti and Panda/Bear, and I haven't ordered anything from them since early 2005 (new PIB and a shirt, I believe).

Fucked Up and These Arms are Snakes can counter that argument.

Red Medicine
10-07-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm not too fond about These Arms Are Snakes. I really liked the first three songs on their debut, but quickly tired of the album after that. They write some varied and technical post-hardcore, but I agree with the general comment that their vocalist is pretty stiff and unemotional in his delivery. It prevents me from truly getting into their studio material. I dunno about Fucked Up, I'll wait until I read a few reviews before deciding whether or not I buy Hidden World.

Paint It Black is really what keeps Jade Tree afloat nowadays.

brandon-punkrocks
10-07-2006, 05:45 PM
it's not just diluting down good labels. it's diluting down music in general to the point that i don't even want to listen to anything new anymore. at least not any new bands. and that sucks.

adam punknews.org
10-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Maybe your tastes are just changing Brandon. I don't listen to many "new bands" from the mainline punk/hardcore labels these days, but that's only because my tastes have shifted somewhat and I'm digging bands from other genres.

I agree with you that the current glut of bands seems to be pretty horrible, but we hear that complaint from music fans every time a new style becomes popular. I suspect someone 5 or 6 years younger than me is having an awesome time with "new bands."

brandon-punkrocks
10-07-2006, 07:11 PM
i mean i definitely know that my musical tastes are changing. years ago you wouldn't have caught me dead with joni mitchell or carole king records and i listen to blue and tapestry at least once a week. (blue usually about 5). but still i get so pumped listening to some of the bands i love and there's just not that same feeling with any of the new bands.

Dude Beer
10-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm going to start a pop-punk band that rips off old Ataris albums.

kirbypuckett
10-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Along the lines of what Adam said...I just don't listen to music I don't enjoy or think I wont. I never turn on the radio so I don't know what's going on there. I have my records and whatever I find interesting on the internet to hold me over till the day I die, so I need not waste time w/ audio garbage. A prime example, I only just heard Fall Out Boy this year. I figured it wasn't my alley and I would just avoid it.

adam punknews.org
10-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by kirbypuckett
A prime example, I only just heard Fall Out Boy this year. I figured it wasn't my alley and I would just avoid it.

That's sort of what I'm like. I don't have an opinion on many of the popular/oft-contested bands because I simply haven't heard them and no longer feel the need to keep up with that scene. Like... say... Coheed and Cambria, or Avenged Sevenfold, or Panic! At the Disco. I've NEVER heard any of those bands and feel no need to check them out.

However I am listening to new music, it just happens to be new records from the Cuts or the Nice Boys or the live Sadies set... it's stuff the "kids" don't really care about... and that's quite alright with me.

adam punknews.org
10-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by brandon-punkrocks
i mean i definitely know that my musical tastes are changing.... but still i get so pumped listening to some of the bands i love and there's just not that same feeling with any of the new bands.

I know what you mean and I'm the same way, but I still think it's just "getting old." The second we say conclusively that "THIS generation has it wrong" is the second we become officially old, because someone said that about us.

brandon-punkrocks
10-08-2006, 01:13 AM
i know i'm getting old and it sucks. and i'm bitter and jaded and sad.

but this generation is fucked.

infinityplus2
10-08-2006, 01:41 AM
about 10% of bands should stay together and keep writing and playing what they are, how they are.

I interpret that as meaning the bands that do stay together should not alter their sound, experiment, or make any attempts to progress or develop. I don't think I agree with that.

infinityplus2
10-08-2006, 01:50 AM
I don't have an opinion on many of the popular/oft-contested bands because I simply haven't heard them and no longer feel the need to keep up with that scene. Like... say... Coheed and Cambria, or Avenged Sevenfold, or Panic! At the Disco. I've NEVER heard any of those bands and feel no need to check them out.

That's CRAZY if you haven't heard those bands somehow. But I believe ya. However, why not check them out EVER? To me this seems like avoiding something out of fear of maybe actually liking it - a convenient way to filter music and avoid "cognitive dissonance."

Me, I listen to tons of shit and like a hell of a lot of it. My hard drive starts at 2 Live Crew and ends with ZZ Top. Come to think of it, the other day I was thinking, "If music nerds love music so much, why do they hate and criticize so much of it?"

It seems to me that a true lover of music would hear something enjoyable in most anything, rather than have a specific set of tastes.

adam punknews.org
10-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by infinityplus2
That's CRAZY if you haven't heard those bands somehow. But I believe ya. However, why not check them out EVER? To me this seems like avoiding something out of fear of maybe actually liking it - a convenient way to filter music and avoid "cognitive dissonance."

Well I'm not completely oblivious as to what these bands sound like, remember I do see articles describing them multiple times daily and furthermore I see them namedropped in PRs to describe other bands.

...and granted I may have heard them as background music before, whether it's wandering around Warped or somewhere online. I know Hopeless' homepage blasted some A7X song in the flash intro for about a year or so...

However if, say, a new Panic! At The Disco album stream was available, I'm entirely unmotivated to throw on a pair of headphones and "check it out." All things being equal, that hour is one I could use to check out all sorts of bands from a genre or label I'm legitimately interested in. I feel no need feign interest and "keep up with the Joneses" just so I know what the kids are into. Maybe if I had a paying job writing about popular music I'd need to have a band like Panic in my musical vocabulary, but I'm a volunteer and have a bit more leeway towards writing about what I actually enjoy.

musical-monkey
10-08-2006, 10:58 AM
That's sort of what I'm like. I don't have an opinion on many of the popular/oft-contested bands because I simply haven't heard them and no longer feel the need to keep up with that scene. Like... say... Coheed and Cambria, or Avenged Sevenfold, or Panic! At the Disco. I've NEVER heard any of those bands and feel no need to check them out.

However I am listening to new music, it just happens to be new records from the Cuts or the Nice Boys or the live Sadies set... it's stuff the "kids" don't really care about... and that's quite alright with me.

So you write for PUNKnews.org and don't even listen to those bands? Kiss your credibility goodbye, man!

Seriously though, I totally get what you mean. I don't bother listening to radio or tv anymore since I know that most of the stuff on there I won't really care about. I will most likely go out of my way to check out a track or two of a band if I do hear a lot of hype about it, but now it seems like every band created is hyped to death and that everyone is "the next big thing". Can't bands just slowly evolve and become something great instead of being forced into the spotlight so early on? I find the idea of the "sophomore slump" so ridiculous, since it gives this image that a band is either destined for greatness or not, depending on their second album.

InaGreendase
10-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Ass Cobra

Sometimes this is impossible, however. Ever look at some tour packages?

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
10-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by InaGreendase
Sometimes this is impossible, however. Ever look at some tour packages?

Seriously. What I wouldn't give to be a booking agent sometimes. If I were, you could damn well expect to see my oft-dreamed about Against Me!/Ted Leo/The Weakerthans triple-headlining rotating timeslot bill for, like, three years straight.

Fuzzy
10-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by InaGreendase
Sometimes this is impossible, however. Ever look at some tour packages? If it wasn't for shitty tour packages, I wouldn't hate Fallout Boy the way I do. They were the opening slot for Less Than Jake a few years ago and it was just horrid.

Fuzzy
10-08-2006, 12:08 PM
It seems to me that a true lover of music would hear something enjoyable in most anything, rather than have a specific set of tastes.
This is like saying a true connoisseur of fine food would find enjoyment in McDonald's Big Macs.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
10-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy
This is like saying a true connoisseur of fine food would find enjoyment in McDonald's Big Macs.

No, but maybe a true lover of food in general would.

Fuzzy
10-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
No, but maybe a true lover of food in general would. Hm...interesting.

That's actually kind of a good "debate." Should a lover of X like the "best of the mediocre X?"

Hmmmmm.....

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
10-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Hm...interesting.

That's actually kind of a good "debate." Should a lover of X like the "best of the mediocre X?"

Hmmmmm.....

I think that plays out very true, especially on this board. We all like music, that's obvious; but some of us are deeper attached to specific genres, thus allowing you to be a fan of more bands that, for lack of a better word, sound the same.

EXAMPLE: I like Against Me!, who are (or at least were) commonly classified as folk-punk. However, I don't find myself listening to other bands classified as folk-punk (i.e. Ghost Mice, This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb, Defiance Ohio, etc.). I just consider Against Me! a punk band. However, you are a big fan of this subgenre, thus you appreciate the "lesser" bands with that label more -- sometimes even more than the "bigger" bands with the same label.

It's the same way with ska kids -- I like a few ska bands, and own a decent amount of ska records, but I am nowhere near a ska kid -- I can point out a shitty (or at least subpar) ska band from a mile away, but there are plenty of people who will listen to that band just because they're ska.

ModernDrunk
10-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Hm...interesting.

Hmmmmm.....

I think it depends on what you love about X. Concerning music, what I consider enjoyable has certain qualities (lyrical content, musicianship, honest emotion, etc) beyond just being sonics produced by instruments. Therefore what I consider bad music does not possess any of those qualities and can actually have an negative impact by being associated with music in general.

phantomtreasure
10-08-2006, 03:46 PM
there is still plenty of great music out there, and if you don't want to find it, fine. your loss. be bitter. but just because the mainstream and what kids like isn't your cup of tea, why give up on current music? you have to search harder for good music, but not making the effort only hurts you.

don't confuse being jaded for just being lazy.

bob_loblaw
10-08-2006, 03:52 PM
I agree with Ass Cobra, listen to music you like, if you want to find new stuff, do it. If you don't like a band, don't listen to them, what's the point of shitting on a band, even if they are bad. How could anyone possibly be the judge of what music should be made? If Kinsella got every band to break up that he thought should you can be sure one of your favorite bands would be on there.

Skapunk
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
I learned to not judge a book by its cover, when I heard fall out boy I noticed a unique heaviness to it that I couldn't quite pinpoint. Later on I totally heard that they loved Gorilla Biscuits, and since I love Gorilla Biscuits I decided to check out fall out boy and realized they sounded exactly the same, now I cant get enough of them!

adam punknews.org
10-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by infinityplus2

I think that a true lover of music COULD hear something enjoyable in most anything... but whether they'd want to subject themselves to music they'd only enjoy 5% of is another question entirely.

So the connoisseur COULD find something to love in Big Macs... but if he really enjoys filet mignon and both were equally available to him, why bother with the Big Mac?

Fuzzy
10-08-2006, 06:37 PM

So the connoisseur COULD find something to love in Big Macs... but if he really enjoys filet mignon and both were equally available to him, why bother with the Big Mac? Maybe he was feeling ironic?

HaveFunDying
10-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Big Macs for my real friends, sham macs for my big friends - Pete Wentz's take on the subject

InaGreendase
10-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Skapunk
I learned to not judge a book by its cover, when I heard fall out boy I noticed a unique heaviness to it that I couldn't quite pinpoint. Later on I totally heard that they loved Gorilla Biscuits, and since I love Gorilla Biscuits I decided to check out fall out boy and realized they sounded exactly the same, now I cant get enough of them!

Uh, what?

HaveFunDying
10-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Skapunk

LOL @ this, even if it wasn't a sarcastic joke.

Dude Beer
10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by HaveFunDying
Big Macs for my real friends, sham macs for my big friends - Pete Wentz's take on the subject

i like this post.

brandon-punkrocks
10-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by phantomtreasure
there is still plenty of great music out there, and if you don't want to find it, fine. your loss. be bitter. but just because the mainstream and what kids like isn't your cup of tea, why give up on current music? you have to search harder for good music, but not making the effort only hurts you.

don't confuse being jaded for just being lazy.

but here's the thing, and my main point. why subject myself to the plethora of horrid fucking bands (and if you've ever been a review contact for a zine, you realize how many fucking horrid bands there are out there) just to find one good band that i like. it's actually draining. so many bad bands have harmed my love of music. and it's not like i actually expect this to happen. because it's all a matter of opinion. but in my perfect world, the bands i like would be able to keep playing (and to the person that thought i meant they wouldn't be able to develop and change styles, that's not what i meant. when i said playing as they are, i am including that these bands are changing their styles and maturing) and the bands i don't like would have to break up and form cover bands of bands that i love but broke up for various reasons.

lokithelion
10-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Skapunk has a point. Fallout Boy are influenced by GB, and it does show in their sound. Mostly on the first disc but even on a few of the songs on FUCT.

As for listening to lesser band X, why not if you like that sound. For example my tastes as would go something like

Neutral Milk Hotel > Descendents > Slayer > Marvin Gaye > Isis > Joanna Newsome > Nellie Mckay > Mxpx > A Wilhelm Scream

Those are the bands/artists the you can put on and I'll always have a good time ( minus one Mxpx record we wont talk about) However thats never stopped me from digging

Of Montreal, All, Anthrax, Justin Timberlake, Pelican, broadway soundtracks, Slick Shoes or Shorthanded

You get sick of listening to the same records over and over again. There are times when I would rather have a crunchy cheese gordita from taco bell than the nicest steak in the world.

lokithelion
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
but here's the thing, and my main point. why subject myself to the plethora of horrid fucking bands (and if you've ever been a review contact for a zine, you realize how many fucking horrid bands there are out there) just to find one good band that i like. it's actually draining. so many bad bands have harmed my love of music. and it's not like i actually expect this to happen. because it's all a matter of opinion. but in my perfect world, the bands i like would be able to keep playing (and to the person that thought i meant they wouldn't be able to develop and change styles, that's not what i meant. when i said playing as they are, i am including that these bands are changing their styles and maturing) and the bands i don't like would have to break up and form cover bands of bands that i love but broke up for various reasons.

Unless they put a knife in your ears they're not hurting your love of music. You listen and turn it off if you dont dig it. At this rate dude your going to be one of the those people who grows up and lobbys to have TV shows that offend you taken off the air. We have choice for a reason.

Put on your big kid training pants and learn to change the station. If you dont like something THATS GREAT! However you're being way melodramatic about it when you say they are hurting you somehow by sucking. If you can't be bothered to keep looking you are lazy not jaded.

Fuzzy
10-09-2006, 09:45 AM
You seriously just rated All below MXPX?

lokithelion
10-09-2006, 03:49 PM
You seriously just rated All below MXPX?

It was more examples of the bands in questions lesser counter parts.

Descendents > ALL

Mxpx > Slick Shoes

Skapunk
10-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by lokithelion
Skapunk has a point. Fallout Boy are influenced by GB, and it does show in their sound. Mostly on the first disc but even on a few of the songs on FUCT.

The point I was trying to make was that every band has to have listened to a good band at some point and had it affect their songwriting, this however never deters from the fact that the majority of these bands i.e. fall out boy still suck.

HaveFunDying
10-09-2006, 04:56 PM

Dude, I'm going to have to call you guys out on this. I suppose it's possible, but your going to have to back up your case. Can you give me any particular song(s)?

brandon-punkrocks
10-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Unless they put a knife in your ears they're not hurting your love of music. You listen and turn it off if you dont dig it. At this rate dude your going to be one of the those people who grows up and lobbys to have TV shows that offend you taken off the air. We have choice for a reason.

Put on your big kid training pants and learn to change the station. If you dont like something THATS GREAT! However you're being way melodramatic about it when you say they are hurting you somehow by sucking. If you can't be bothered to keep looking you are lazy not jaded.
haha you crack me up.

actually lackluster bands can hurt my love of music. when you hear so many horrible diluted bullshit bands, it makes you wonder about music in general and makes me sad for the future, thus making me not want to listen to a lot of new stuff. and it also makes me not want to go to shows anymore. or at least i just show up really late. and sometimes i miss a good band, but if i see a really bad opening band, it can ruin my night and make me not enjoy the band i went to see as much. i had a long conversation about this with my roommate last night. bands that we've seen multiple times were better when we didn't hate the opening bands. or at least our experiences are better.

and if the tv show is fucking horrible, then the terrible taste of people will offend me and i'll gladly lead the charge to have it taken off the air. but there's not much in this world that can offend me in the way that i'd be like, OHMYGOD!!! he just said i hate jewbabies, i'm so offended.

and be older than me before you tell me to put on my big kid training pants. you're really not allowed to say that until you can get into shows that aren't all ages.

not to mention i was stating an opinion and you're the one that mentions knives in ears and yet calls me melodramatic.

calmer than you are.

lokithelion
10-09-2006, 05:48 PM
haha you crack me up.

actually lackluster bands can hurt my love of music. when you hear so many horrible diluted bullshit bands, it makes you wonder about music in general and makes me sad for the future, thus making me not want to listen to a lot of new stuff. and it also makes me not want to go to shows anymore. or at least i just show up really late. and sometimes i miss a good band, but if i see a really bad opening band, it can ruin my night and make me not enjoy the band i went to see as much. i had a long conversation about this with my roommate last night. bands that we've seen multiple times were better when we didn't hate the opening bands. or at least our experiences are better.

and if the tv show is fucking horrible, then the terrible taste of people will offend me and i'll gladly lead the charge to have it taken off the air. but there's not much in this world that can offend me in the way that i'd be like, OHMYGOD!!! he just said i hate jewbabies, i'm so offended.

and be older than me before you tell me to put on my big kid training pants. you're really not allowed to say that until you can get into shows that aren't all ages.

not to mention i was stating an opinion and you're the one that mentions knives in ears and yet calls me melodramatic.

calmer than you are.

You are most likely older than I am, though I'm 22 so I'm pretty sure I can get into none-all ages shows. And if you can have a show ruined for you because one of the openers sucks, I'm sorry. It's really sad that you would dwell on a bad opener so long that it would effect how much you enjoy the person you came to see.

And I know how much awful music there is out there. We get at two to three awful cd's a day for Mammoth. All that awful music just makes me want to find the good stuff that much more.

I consider the knives in ear comment having fun with my writing. Saying a show is ruined for you because you had to watch a bad band before getting to Ted Leo, that seems to be more melodramatic.

I'm pretty chill though and still want you to write for Mammoth at some point.

Fuzzy
10-09-2006, 06:09 PM
You've never been to a show where the opener was so bad it lessened your enjoyment of the rest of the show?

Wow, I envy your ability to not have gone to a Less Than Jake show in the past 4 years.

musical-monkey
10-09-2006, 06:21 PM
You've never been to a show where the opener was so bad it lessened your enjoyment of the rest of the show?

Wow, I envy your ability to not have gone to a Less Than Jake show in the past 4 years.

but the loved ones just opened for LTJ. what are you trying to say?

lokithelion
10-09-2006, 06:27 PM

Nope. Maybe its because I'm such a cynical bastard in real life. When I went and saw the Rentals two months ago the opening band was awful. I sat it out and had a few beers with my show buddy. And when the Rentals came on I forgot about it because they were so good. A bad opening act is just that. A bad opening act. They aren't who I paid to see so why should it bother me?

Christopher
10-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm with loki on this one. I really have NO clue how an opener can make a show bad for you. It might leave you with a lingering hatred for the opener and keep you from seeing them again, but you still went to the show to see a band you liked.

A band's fans can definitely hurt my enjoyment of a show, however.

bob_loblaw
10-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Agreed about the fans ruining a show. Best thing ever was turning 21 and being able to go to the bar during bad opening bands. When a bad band plays it just makes the good bands look even better.

Fuzzy
10-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by musical-monkey
but the loved ones just opened for LTJ. what are you trying to say? Sorry, should have been "an LTJ show between 5 years and two months ago."

I'll try to be more exact in my witty reparte from now on. ;)

Loki-
Perhaps you've never had to sit through Sugarcult or Bowling for Soup. If that's true, I congratulate you, but for god's sake...

FOR GODS SAKE MAN

lokithelion
10-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Sorry, should have been "an LTJ show between 5 years and two months ago."

I'll try to be more exact in my witty reparte from now on. ;)

Loki-
Perhaps you've never had to sit through Sugarcult or Bowling for Soup. If that's true, I congratulate you, but for god's sake...

FOR GODS SAKE MAN

I saw Sugarcult open for the Ataris a few years ago. They were tight and fun stupid power pop.

ConzoTheLegacy
10-09-2006, 06:58 PM
I haven't looked in this thread since it was started because I figured you guys were still arguing.

Well, I guess I was right.

HaveFunDying
10-09-2006, 08:14 PM
I saw Sugarcult open for the Ataris a few years ago. They were tight and fun stupid power pop.

Sugarcult isn't that bad.

Christopher
10-09-2006, 08:37 PM
I used to jam the first 3 song sugarcult sampler a really long time ago, but I never caught up with any CDs they put out.

HaveFunDying
10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
They write about 3 to 4 good songs per CD, with the rest being filler. You can't ask for much more from an aspiring radio pop band.

bolloxshite
10-11-2006, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Christopher
I'm with loki on this one. I really have NO clue how an opener can make a show bad for you. It might leave you with a lingering hatred for the opener and keep you from seeing them again, but you still went to the show to see a band you liked.

A band's fans can definitely hurt my enjoyment of a show, however.

this is the first time i've looked at this thread, and i just opened a random page so don't know how this argument started but can honestly say i agree with everything Christopher said in the quote above.

Bad openers don't ruin a show, that time is left for drinking (assuming you can drink) and relaxing with mates and mocking the shittiness of the supporting acts you are viewing, which at times is really a lot of fun. When the band you PAID for comes out, and they are just as awesome as you'd hoped then it doesn't matter how shit the other/s were.

Also agree with fans comment.

musical-monkey
10-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
I haven't looked in this thread since it was started because I figured you guys were still arguing.

Well, I guess I was right.

you've been reading MUP for how long and you just figured this out?