PDA

View Full Version : I know why Vendetta Red's "Sister Of the Red Death" never made it

ebullientsoul
10-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Was it the scene of brutal, horrifying rape in the first song, the third song, where the narrator watches a rape by a priest, or the eighth song where rape and Jesus Christ are used in the same sentence or the last song where the main character chops off a guy's penis?

I can't decide.

HaveFunDying
10-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I'd chalk it up to good ole fashioned sucking.

The singer has a new band that sounds a little bit better. I don't remember the name though.

lokithelion
10-06-2006, 03:08 PM
I love that record but I can't listen to it that often for those very reasons. I have a hard time singing "oh holy grace they made love to you face with a boxcutter" in front of my girlfriend. Shockingly its a really pro-lady record once the story really gets going.

kirbypuckett
10-06-2006, 03:36 PM
I was playing Saints Row and the "Silhoutte Serenade" song game on. Doesnt fit well for me to shoot hookers and listen to that song.

phantomtreasure
10-07-2006, 10:17 PM
i thought that album was great, personally. better than everything else in it's genre.

ConzoTheLegacy
10-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by kirbypuckett
I was playing Saints Row and the "Silhoutte Serenade" song game on. Doesnt fit well for me to shoot hookers and listen to that song.

Is that game good? I'm getting it soon.

kirbypuckett
10-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
Is that game good? I'm getting it soon.

It's the only GTA-style game that I consider worth playing. GTA is good, but this expands on it.

The voice acting isn't great, but the gameplay sure is.

JimmysTangoMethod
10-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Saints Row is the shit. Basically what Kirby said. Not to mention, it has Bear Vs. Shark and Fall of Troy tracks.