PDA

View Full Version : Post your good news

BARONE
09-30-2006, 08:30 PM
I just got the best news today. IM GOIN ON MOTHERFUCKING TOUR AGAIN!!! So pumped. Hostages is tenatively scheduled to play some fest in Daytona in december so we're gonna plan a bunch of shows on the way down. sooo fucking pumped. last tour i was still edge. this tour is going to be INSANE.

i felt like making this thread cause i just needed to tell someone. post any good news you may have recieved in the past few days/weeks.

Anchors
09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
All 82 Buffalo Sabre games will be televised this season.

jordan pastepunk
09-30-2006, 09:11 PM
I filled up my tank today at $2.31 a gallon. That was pretty awesome.

rawrchadrawr
09-30-2006, 09:14 PM
i am going to graduate college and then go on tour again. this will happen in january and then feb/march

oh and the burrito i just had was hella good.

Skapunk
09-30-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm getting laid tomorrow.

Dude Beer
09-30-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm going on a first date tomorrow to the red sox game, and i listened to the smoke or fire album all afternoon.

Christopher
09-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by jordan pastepunk
I filled up my tank today at $2.31 a gallon. That was pretty awesome.

I'm pretty excited about my 1.95 per gallon. I want to dig a well and store as much as possible.

lokithelion
09-30-2006, 10:29 PM
My Descendents Van's are coming in the mail Tuesday.

I have the new Hold Steady in my car and my lady is off work in 20 min.

monsterriffs
09-30-2006, 10:33 PM
i saw dragonforce.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-30-2006, 11:22 PM
My most recent pooping session was outstanding.

ebullientsoul
09-30-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm going to spend tons of money to see the bouncing souls this month?

Anchors
09-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
My most recent pooping session was outstanding.

I had a flawless victory before going to bed last night. You can't beat that.

musical-monkey
10-01-2006, 12:07 AM
i'm drunk as shit hells yes. sam jackson is on ouyr tv

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
10-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Anchors
I had a flawless victory before going to bed last night. You can't beat that.

I'm guessing this is slang for a clean wipe?

HaveFunDying
10-01-2006, 02:21 AM
http://www.iaaf.uwa.edu.au/smbunt/309/gnus.gif

HaveFunDying
10-01-2006, 02:22 AM
Hmmm. That's pretty hard to make out. Just know that it's funny.

robdobi
10-01-2006, 05:49 AM
i sold over 1500 shirts this month.

got into an abandoned house yesterday that i have been scouting for 3 years and took legendary photos, the catwoman who died there in 2003 didn't have anything in the house that was made past 1950. seriously.

monsterriffs
10-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by robdobi

got into an abandoned house yesterday that i have been scouting for 3 years and took legendary photos, the catwoman who died there in 2003 didn't have anything in the house that was made past 1950. seriously.

i'm curious how so many of these locations you find haven't been razed to make room for some sort of mcmansion or what have you.

Dude Beer
10-01-2006, 07:12 AM

I bought 3.

dpg
10-01-2006, 07:16 AM
the eagles won the afl grand final by one fuckin' point, raise the roof.

monsterriffs
10-01-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by dpg
the eagles won the afl grand final by one fuckin' point, raise the roof.

note that this is the only time any team named the Eagles will win a football championship.

BARONE
10-01-2006, 08:01 AM

your photography is rad.

Big_Guy
10-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by bethesdacore
note that this is the only time any team named the Eagles will win a football championship. I want to punch you in the throat right now, but you're probably right

robdobi
10-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by bethesdacore
i'm curious how so many of these locations you find haven't been razed to make room for some sort of mcmansion or what have you.

the majority of them have been, maybe half the stuff on my site no longer exists. the house i got into yesterday was only accessible because it had just been sold and they just started clearing shit out of the house for demolition, luckily they only got the basement.

it is INSANE how little we value historical property in the us whereas in europe everything seems to be left intact.

this was just demo'd for condos.

http://www.danversstateinsaneasylum.com/images/hero5.jpg

a goofy gus
10-01-2006, 09:46 AM
i didnt get my shoes yesterday before they sold out. but i did get two pairs that are now selling for 250 after i paid 150. so i basically made 200 dollars.

Teen_Wolf
10-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Saw Cursive and the Thermals on Monday (9/25).

Got gas for $2.25.

Finally got the MLIW reissue.

trinket
10-01-2006, 09:51 AM
how was cursive & the thermals? i'm thinking of going.

-having awesome critiques at calarts. which is awesome awesome awesome.

Teen_Wolf
10-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by trinket
[B]how was cursive & the thermals? i'm thinking of going.

I enjoyed The Thermals. They played for about 45-50 minutes comprising 15 songs. They played the 1st 4 songs off of The Body The Blood The Machine. I had heard their new record very little prior to them playing but I definitely liked the new material.

This was only my 2nd time seeing Cursive, but they were much better this time around than last time. Kasher was really animated and what looked to be pretty sober (an early show). They played almost all of Domestica and then played a mix of The Ugly Organ and Happy Hollow with random songs here and there such as "A Little Song and Dance".

This show didnt sell out either (at The Metro).

jordan pastepunk
10-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Jewish content: looking forward to eating a fresh, homeade challah tonight before Kol Nidre services. Gotta stock up on the carbs before the fast.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
10-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Teen_Wolf
This show didnt sell out either (at The Metro).

Yeah, Cursive's lost their buzz. The Cleveland show was originally booked for the House Of Blues (1100 cap) and moved to the Grog Shop mere days before (450 cap). I don't even know if it sold out; I decided to stay in and watch Project Runway instead.

MikeM
10-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Cursive was awesome last night, but we didn't get the Thermals.

Oh, and Tim dissed AP, Scott.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
10-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by MikeM
Cursive was awesome last night, but we didn't get the Thermals.

Oh, and Tim dissed AP, Scott.

He did? What did he say?

Fuzzy
10-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Saw two good friends who left SF in the past year, that was rad.

Did a bar crawl across town with my co-workers, beast friend and eventually Mr. RedScare. This included my bosses.

My bikes are both fixed. Bringing my mountain bike out to Lalo's for a BBQ today.

Going to see This Is My Fist! and Druglords of the Avenue tonight.

asxyouxwish
10-01-2006, 11:13 AM
i'm temporarily off hiatus -

i'm assuming you're talking about the grapes andy, what sizes are you selling? if you have a 10 or 10.5, get in touch with me right away.

in other good news -

i haven't been posting because i've got a ton of stuff on my plate that i'm psyched on, up to and including a new fucking lady friend, a magazine that brian lolz and others are SLOWLY getting off the ground, a clothing line for social study, and working on my bike (SUP RICHARD!) and as much as i love the internets, i haven't been this productive in a long time and it's a good feeling.

i miss and love you all. i'm on aim and myspace all the time and i'm totally lurking so feel free to get in touch.

trinket
10-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Jewish content: looking forward to eating a fresh, homeade challah tonight before Kol Nidre services. Gotta stock up on the carbs before the fast.

amazing: my mom didn't buy temple tickets this year [ APPARENTLY ITS 1500 DOLLARS FOR 2 DAYS IN TEMPLE?! ] and they used to sneak me in when i was still in HS, since i look young and if you're under 16 you get in free ... that was a while ago.

so anyway, NO TEMPLE! = AMAZING.

good luck on your fast jordan.. i never fast but i just might do a water one.

trinket
10-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by asxyouxwish
i'm temporarily off hiatus -

i'm assuming you're talking about the grapes andy, what sizes are you selling? if you have a 10 or 10.5, get in touch with me right away.

in other good news -

i haven't been posting because i've got a ton of stuff on my plate that i'm psyched on, up to and including a new fucking lady friend, a magazine that brian lolz and others are SLOWLY getting off the ground, a clothing line for social study, and working on my bike (SUP RICHARD!)

i miss and love you all. i'm on aim and myspace all the time and i'm totally lurking so feel free to get in touch.

new girlfriend? what happened to the last one?

ps. i have monies now so i can your supreme/undefeated favor.

ConzoTheLegacy
10-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Had a fun as fuck Homecoming dance.

JimmysTangoMethod
10-01-2006, 12:13 PM
I ended up with an incredibly cute Venezulan girl last night.

jordan pastepunk
10-01-2006, 12:16 PM
[ APPARENTLY ITS 1500 DOLLARS FOR 2 DAYS IN TEMPLE?! ]

Yea, that's actually what our yearly dues are at our shul. We go pretty often, and there's only a few conservative ones in all of NoVA, so I don't think it's that ridiculous, but it's still a lot per year (plus all of the other yearly donations we make). My parents didn't get tickets this year in Florida b/c their community club house was "sold out." I have a hard time understanding the concept of a religious service being sold out. Oh well...

trinket
10-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Yea, that's actually what our yearly dues are at our shul. We go pretty often, and there's only a few conservative ones in all of NoVA, so I don't think it's that ridiculous, but it's still a lot per year (plus all of the other yearly donations we make). My parents didn't get tickets this year in Florida b/c their community club house was "sold out." I have a hard time understanding the concept of a religious service being sold out. Oh well...

well its also for just you and barb.. my mom pays for all the tickets for our family because none of us can afford it, and if she didn't we wouldn't go.. but all my siblings are married so she definitely doesn't want to buy 8 tickets.

ps. my fam is also conservative.

lokithelion
10-01-2006, 05:08 PM
You have to pay to go to church? God now I know how your people finance all those underground bunkers....

Skapunk
10-01-2006, 05:16 PM
amazing: my mom didn't buy temple tickets this year [ APPARENTLY ITS 1500 DOLLARS FOR 2 DAYS IN TEMPLE?! ] and they used to sneak me in when i was still in HS, since i look young and if you're under 16 you get in free ... that was a while ago.

so anyway, NO TEMPLE! = AMAZING.

good luck on your fast jordan.. i never fast but i just might do a water one. Yeah, some of my biggest family arguments have been after high holy day services, there is something about them that puts everyone in a bad mood after, maybe all the sitting and standing and sitting and standing and standing and gaining nothing from it.

musical-monkey
10-01-2006, 05:27 PM
this is the first year i haven't gone to services and it feels pretty good.

trinket
10-01-2006, 10:51 PM
more jews on this board than i originally thought.

ps skapunk didn't your brother used to post here too?

Simulacra
10-02-2006, 06:18 AM

I just bought 2, totally rad.

Simulacra
10-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Last night I played my friend in Street Fighter II Turbo in a Champion of the Universe match, Zangief against Vega, & beat him with the 360 Piledriver.

lee
10-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Graduating in December, then going to the Caribbean, then snow boarding in Mammoth! My winter will be amazing.

JimmysTangoMethod
10-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Skapunk
Yeah, some of my biggest family arguments have been after high holy day services, there is something about them that puts everyone in a bad mood after, maybe all the sitting and standing and sitting and standing and standing and gaining nothing from it.

Dear college,

Thank you. I for one, am not fasting, nor going to services this year.

Sincerely,
The Terrible Student

MikeM
10-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
He did? What did he say?
Nothing bad really, he was just saying how stupid people looked moshing to their music and said something to the effect of "I guess that's what happens when you're featured in AP"

I got new shoes the other day, hi Jon.

Hollis
10-03-2006, 07:19 PM
got fucked up in austin. Watched the great sam houston st show up to play Texas. Man it was really fun.....

musical-monkey
10-03-2006, 08:09 PM
the new Decemberists and Hold Steady albums are awesome.

my radio show went great on monday. i am trying to get bands to come in for interviews/performances in the studio. does anyone have any tips on this?

Skapunk
10-03-2006, 09:49 PM

ps skapunk didn't your brother used to post here too? Look up any thread related to lagwagon and I guarantee youll find my brother posting in it. He lurks a lot, but he is the opposite of me and feels its best to have nothing to say at all than something stupid.

a goofy gus
10-04-2006, 01:39 AM
i saw set your goals sunday. they were probably better then other times, crowd reaction not as good as it has been in the past. Maybe the novelty of this band has worn out a little. I still had fun.

bane tonight. ruiner killed it per usual. talked to jon ledford. bane was pretty good. handled shoe transaction with jon.

bolloxshite
10-04-2006, 02:12 AM
I'm on holidays at the moment, tis the awesomeness of teaching.

I also got a new mobile phone and laptop, pretty excited about it.

Most exciting news: bought Dead Rsing for my 360, seriously fun (if sometimes extremely difficult) video game, cool.

Exit
10-04-2006, 02:39 AM

ps skapunk didn't your brother used to post here too?

I recently broke both of my arms so it has been difficult to type thats why I haven't posted as much. And also the board just hasn't been the same since Mr. Ledford left. Once that bad astronaut record comes out I will prob start a thread about it, i'm not afraid to admit that I have a man crush on the caper.

chunk
10-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Exit
I recently broke both of my arms so it has been difficult to type thats why I haven't posted as much. And also the board just hasn't been the same since Mr. Ledford left. Once that bad astronaut record comes out I will prob start a thread about it, i'm not afraid to admit that I have a man crush on the caper.

So, how'd you manage to type this?

ModernDrunk
10-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by chunk
So, how'd you manage to type this?

I hope he had a pencil in his mouth. That image makes me laugh.

Exit
10-04-2006, 06:25 PM
I recovered pretty quickly and my elbow regained some range of motion a few days ago so typing has become alot easier in that it doesnt send shooting pain up into my broken bone. If you go to sbcc chunk look for the dude with the black spirals over his pink cast and a sling for his elbow thats me, im always down to meet new muppers.

chunk
10-04-2006, 06:33 PM
I have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Exciting stuff, really.

I look like the dude on my MySpace.

Fuzzy
10-04-2006, 06:37 PM
We poured 19 cubic yards of concrete today at the jobsite. My forms for the foundation and stem walls didn't blow out. I also had to do plumbing, electric and steel work today.

It was great. I am tired.

Potato.

i get rad
10-04-2006, 06:39 PM
i did that my last year of school.. class on only tuesdays and thursday. best decision i made in school, easily..

my good news is that i now work three afternoons a week at my school. until now, i've only been working 20 hours a week in the mornings, which is great, but i can only afford to spend around 8 dollars a day on food/ anything else fun.

i like leisure

ModernDrunk
10-04-2006, 07:09 PM
I chipped a tooth at work today.

Strangely it was pieces off the back of my tooth, which now feels extremely strange everytime I place my tongue against it. Which is way too often and completely unavoidable.

Good news for people who love bad news.

Sorry, it was too hard to resist.

adam punknews.org
10-24-2006, 06:38 AM
(thread resurrection)

- A project I've been slaving at this month was just installed at the client's and they said something like "you boys have done more in two weeks than I've done in three years!" (in thick southern drawl)

- WE BOUGHT A HOUSE

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
10-24-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by adam punknews.org
- WE BOUGHT A HOUSE

Dibs on getting you a hose so you can squirt those "damn kids who won't get off my lawn" for your housewarming present.

musical-monkey
10-24-2006, 10:02 AM
PARTY AT ADAMS

ebullientsoul
10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by musical-monkey
PARTY AT ADAMS

That was my plan, but alas, he's in Cuba when I'm partying down in Niagara Falls.

adam punknews.org
10-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Whenever Americans seek me out I retreat to communist countries.

ModernDrunk
10-24-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm getting $813.38 for my bike that got fucked back in July when I got doored.

Woo hoo!!!

Veloswap is this weekend and I'm going to get a sick bike and enter the work of fixed gears.

This makes all the bike shit I've had to deal with in the past three+ months almost worth it.

Although I do still have a sunken knuckle.

jordan pastepunk
10-24-2006, 01:53 PM
"damn kids who won't get off my lawn"

Ya know... I've had a pretty sweet front yard lawn for six months now and I have not seen one kid on my lawn. Deer, foxes, rabbits, squirrels, and chipmunks? We got those, but no bratty kids. It's kinda disappointing.

Fuzzy
10-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by ModernDrunk
I'm getting $813.38 for my bike that got fucked back in July when I got doored.

Woo hoo!!!

Veloswap is this weekend and I'm going to get a sick bike and enter the work of fixed gears.

This makes all the bike shit I've had to deal with in the past three+ months almost worth it.

Although I do still have a sunken knuckle. I'll be out of country when the big swap is, kind of bummed about it.

chunk
10-24-2006, 11:28 PM
I got out of three weeks of class today...
Also, I'm pretty sure I did well on the midterm for that same class. Awesome.

I just made my second car payment. Only 34 more to go! I'm actually excited about this.

Exit
10-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by chunk
I got out of three weeks of class today...
Also, I'm pretty sure I did well on the midterm for that same class. Awesome.

I just made my second car payment. Only 34 more to go! I'm actually excited about this.

Haha our school is rediculous, how did you manage to pull that one off?

I really don't deserve my straight A's but since I have been crippled my professors have let me get away with so many different things.

rawrchadrawr
10-25-2006, 02:02 AM
DRUNK.

lokithelion
10-25-2006, 08:31 AM
I have free tickets to Mars Volta and RHCP tomorrow night

James
10-31-2006, 09:32 PM
no news is good news!

watch out that you don't magically spend like 50 on a seat post, cause it happens.

ModernDrunk
10-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Zombie Prom tonight....woman I crush on there....braaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnsss.....

chunk
10-31-2006, 10:44 PM
My condo is the perfect temperature. I'm incredibly content.

Anchors
11-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by rawrchadrawr
DRUNK.

JimmysTangoMethod
11-01-2006, 12:52 AM
I have a new girlfriend. She's amazing. She's Venezuelan.

Dude Beer
12-05-2007, 11:31 PM
(lol)