PDA

View Full Version : new Shook Ones

Big_Guy
09-28-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm pretty sure there was already a topic on this, but the search doesn't work for me

pretty fucking awesome, but whats with song 5?

and it also sounds like the recording is worse than that of the 7". on So Grown Up anyway.

thoughts?

BizzleBrizzle
09-28-2006, 07:09 PM
I love this, one of my favorites of the year.

Ink Pen Shopping Spree and The Drop are fucking amazing!

BARONE
09-28-2006, 08:01 PM
i love kid dynamite.

BNO
09-29-2006, 07:12 AM
They totally got So Grown Up from Lil Wayne. FACT.

Dude Beer
09-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by XxBloodRedXx
i love kid dynamite.

dude yeah, his voice sounds just like kid dynamite in that new song. Ah whatever, this band is fun live, and they played a cover of a saves the day song from "can't slow down"

kirbypuckett
09-29-2006, 10:07 AM
I listened to this last night, sooooo good.

Sure it's a KD ripoff, but I can get behind that.

BizzleBrizzle
09-29-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't think it's a 100% Kid Dynamite rip-off.

I think they sound more like Lifetime than Kid Dynamite, I mean yeah his voice is rough like Jasons, but you know. Also some of the songs on the new record remind me of Everything Sucks era Descendents.

Red Medicine
09-30-2006, 12:32 PM
I was intending to buy their new album, but the downright awful singing on "Pheasant" made me change my mind. Damn. "Rough" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Anchors
09-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Red Medicine
I was intending to buy their new album, but the downright awful singing on "Pheasant" made me change my mind. Damn. "Rough" doesn't even begin to describe it.

I'm sure they'll be broken up over your lack of purchase.

Red Medicine
09-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Why don't you shut the fuck up for once you goddamn frat boy?

P-Fresh
09-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Anchors > whoever that dude is.

With that said, this record is like Shook Ones' None More Black record. I can't even make it through a full listen to Sixteen, but this record has been receiving tons of car play from me. Somewhere in my top 20 of the year, for sure!

Red Medicine
09-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Doesn't surprise me coming from a member of the frat coalition.

Anchors
09-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Why don't you shut the fuck up for once you goddamn frat boy?

Hahahahah, I have exponentially more fun being a part of a frat than you do being a shit talking nobody on the internet -- I assure you.

Red Medicine
09-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Right. Because being in a frat allows you to bask in the gang-mentality that pervades its ideology. It's like FSU minus all the violence. Let's face it: people who join frats are typically insecure, untalented jerks who need the constant presence of others to hype them up.

Anchors
09-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Right. Because being in a frat allows you to bask in the gang-mentality that pervades its ideology. It's like FSU minus all the violence. Let's face it: people who join frats are typically insecure, untalented jerks who need the constant presence of others to hype them up.

Please. You know nothing about fraternity ideology. You know about Animal House and stereotypes, congratulations.

Also, I'm far from insecure, and even farther from untalented, but hey man, if you want to think that, go ahead, whatever helps you sleep at night. I'll leave you alone now, though, I'm sure you have some stinging commentary to leave on the Punknews forums and some Blake Schwarzenbach lyrics to masturbate over.

BizzleBrizzle
09-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Red Medicine is a terrible person

lokithelion
09-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Anchors at this point doesn't it make sense to just ignore them when they flame you about being in a frat?

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by lokithelion
Anchors at this point doesn't it make sense to just ignore them when they flame you about being in a frat?

But if he doesn't defend his brothers' honor, they might not invite him to the next pimps and hoes party. You have to think about the big picture, loki.

BizzleBrizzle
09-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
But if he doesn't defend his brothers' honor, they might not invite him to the next pimps and hoes party. You have to think about the big picture, loki.

Yo, I'd be pretty bummed about missing the pimps and hoes party. Who knows he might meet his date for the Tennis Pros and Golf Hoes party!

HaveFunDying
09-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
But if he doesn't defend his brothers' honor, they'll make him go last on the "train," or even worse, he might not get any of that sweet date-rape action at all. You have to think about the big picture, loki.

Anchors
09-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by lokithelion

Eh, I'm always up for a good argument. That should be plenty apparent from my tenure on here.

And to clear up any minsconceptions, I'd be far more upset about missing a CEO's and secretary ho's party than golf ho's and Tennis bros.

InaGreendase
09-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by P-Fresh
With that said, this record is like Shook Ones' None More Black record.

Pretty much. They exercised the Jawbreaker influence like I wanted to but it came out sounding like This Is Satire. Not a bad thing, mind you.

The opener sounds like "Pits + Poisoned Apples" and frankly, that fucking rules.

"The Drop" is awesome, it reminds me straight up of a cross between the first 2 STD albums. "Penn Cove Muscles" is good too.

And yeah, way disappointed with the "So Grown Up" redux. I actually like it the way it was: muddled to shit and still incredible. Oh well.

Not quite the album I was hoping for, but definitely a step up from Sixteen.