PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Day Real Estate

musical-monkey
09-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Holy shit, talk about a band I slept on for way too long. I finally got "Diary" since the nearby Virgin Megastore is having a crazy sale since they are closing. Oh man, this is some fantastic stuff. For some reason though, I always imagine Jonah Mantraga singing since the vocals remind me so much of him. Either way, fantastic album, I feel so stupid for waiting so long to finally listen to them.

Is Jeremy Enigk's solo stuff any good?

BARONE
09-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by musical-monkey
Holy shit, talk about a band I slept on for way too long. I finally got "Diary" since the nearby Virgin Megastore is having a crazy sale since they are closing. Oh man, this is some fantastic stuff. For some reason though, I always imagine Jonah Mantraga singing since the vocals remind me so much of him. Either way, fantastic album, I feel so stupid for waiting so long to finally listen to them.

yes.

stayouttamalibu
09-28-2006, 01:51 PM
yea diary is crucial. also one of my favorite sunny day songs is pillars, the first song on how it feels to be something on.

rawrchadrawr
09-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by musical-monkey

sunny day and all jeremy enigk stuff is good, and the fire theft.

Christopher
09-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by stayouttamalibu
yea diary is crucial. also one of my favorite sunny day songs is pillars, the first song on how it feels to be something on.

excellent song!

kirbypuckett
09-28-2006, 02:55 PM
solid record.

mammothsean
09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
pick up SDRE's LP2 (pink) and The Fire Theft's self-titled album

Red Medicine
09-30-2006, 12:39 PM
How It Feels to Be Something On is an even more essential record than Diary, in my opinion. Although it's much more mellow and doesn't even come close to qualifying as "emo," the songwriting is gorgeous and haunting. The liner notes are great as well.

LP2 and The Rising Tide I've never been able to get into. Odd considering how much I adore their two other albums.

stayouttamalibu
09-30-2006, 03:13 PM
yea for some reason i could never get into the pink album, i dont know why, it just didnt do it for me.

InaGreendase
09-30-2006, 08:38 PM
The Pink album is actually now the only one I haven't heard of the 4. Here's to hoping it hits like Diary, which is what I'm expecting.

lolz
10-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Fire Theft blows.

iamthekiller
10-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by lolz
Fire Theft blows. \

i was ok with a few of the first tracks on their first full length but i couldn't make it to the end...