PDA

View Full Version : The Killers

Teen_Wolf
09-27-2006, 03:07 PM
First of all, the Killers are more or less a guilty pleasure for people who enjoy punk rock and the like. The new record is available for stream at MTV the Leak (http://www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/#/music/the_leak/killers/sams_town/index.jhtml) (unfortunately, its mtv). But has anyone checked this new record out yet. It definitely reeks of Soul; although the synth power is still there, it's just not as dominant as it was on Hot Fuss. I really think a lot of fans who adored Hot Fuss are going to have a hard time adjusting to this.

There two most popular songs were played all over the radio and were included in just about every bar (at least in Peoria while I was attending college and Chicago). This record does not have that really upbeat/upstart party feel that you could say the last record had.

Maybe I'm just crazy about this though. I'd like to hear what others think.

So far, I enjoyed Uncle Johnny, When You Were Young, and This River is Wild.

i get rad
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
i was outside the country when the killers blew up so i wasn't around to hear it get all overplayed, but from what i've heard, my first impressions were:
1. wow, this is really catchy
and
2. i wish he wouldn't try to use that fakey voice

i don't hate what i've heard from them. but i can see how people would.

HaveFunDying
09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
I refuse to stream it, but judging from the single "When You We're Young," I think they have made an excellent progression. That thin-pop-cheesy-fucking-synth rock can rot in hell. And his voice is so fantastic on that song.

This coming from someone who didn't even really like Hot Fuss.

Teen_Wolf
09-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm a casual fan of Hot Fuss. I didn't care for the singles they released from that record, but instead I liked the other songs that received no attention.