PDA

View Full Version : PN.org in the Boston Globe

MikeM
09-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Just read this in the paper today:

"The San Francisco-based hardcore-punk outfit Karate High School visits the Middle East Upstairs tonight as part of a tour to support its album "Arcade Rock," which has Nintendo-inspired cover art. Punknews.org had this to say about the disc: 'Despite being yet another band pulling the whole sing/scream dynamic, they're both done well, and done tastefully.'"

I have no idea who this band is, but thought that was pretty cool. Also, editors of one of the biggest newspapers in the country should know that album titles are in italics.

EDIT: Looks like Anchors wrote the review, too bad they didn't put your name!

musical-monkey
09-25-2006, 12:09 PM
awesome. i'll pick up a copy today for sure.

Anchors
09-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Bastards!

musical-monkey
09-25-2006, 02:31 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5337/img7829ok0.jpg

selloutz

MikeM
09-25-2006, 02:44 PM
How's Boston treating you?

Also, it's too bad they didn't get a quote for a good band.

musical-monkey
09-25-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm loving it so far. Great people, but terrible food. I miss NYC/NJ bagels and pizza. I love having a ton of venues that are 5-10 minutes away by walking or bus/train.

sethprogression
09-25-2006, 06:17 PM
This band played a show for me in SF and boy were they terrible. The CD isn't totally terrible though.

InaGreendase
09-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by MikeM
"The hardcore-punk outfit"

LOLage. I didn't know Underoath + Hellogoodbye constituted hardcore punk these days.

Dude Beer
09-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Anyone going to the mountain goats tomorrow night? I tried to buy tickets from ticketmaster but the junx is sold out, haven't heard back from the people i emailed from craigslist

ModernDrunk
09-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Ian
Anyone going to the mountain goats tomorrow night? I tried to buy tickets from ticketmaster but the junx is sold out, haven't heard back from the people i emailed from craigslist

I don't think they will ever come to Denver.

Drats!

MikeM
09-26-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Ian
Yes. Sorry, don't have an extra ticket though.

musical-monkey
09-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Ian

Keep trying ticketmaster. The middle east sometimes releases extra tickets on the day of the show. This one kid I know got one last night even after being shut out all day. Same thing happened to me with Boris about two weeks ago. I'm going tonight by the way.

Dude Beer
09-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by musical-monkey
Keep trying ticketmaster. The middle east sometimes releases extra tickets on the day of the show. This one kid I know got one last night even after being shut out all day. Same thing happened to me with Boris about two weeks ago. I'm going tonight by the way.

Sweet, I just got one off of Craigslist. It's kind of ironic because the kid can't go because he's studying for the LSAT on Saturday.

Boston muppers come find me. I'm wearing a red YMCA soccer t-shirt

Dude Beer
09-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Ian

Boston muppers come find me. I'm wearing a red YMCA soccer t-shirt

Ok so I didn't meet anyone, but I think everyone left the Mountain Goat show tonight with a smile on their face

musical-monkey
09-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Ian
Ok so I didn't meet anyone, but I think everyone left the Mountain Goat show tonight with a smile on their face

I was up on that mini-balcony thing off to the left. It was impossible to see anyones shirt from up there but I was on the look out!

MikeM
09-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by musical-monkey
I was up on that mini-balcony thing off to the left. It was impossible to see anyones shirt from up there but I was on the look out!
I was there for a while too. I was the guy with umm...a beard, glasses and a hat?

ok, I looked like pretty much everyone else there.