PDA

View Full Version : The State is being released [maybe DVD]

kirbypuckett
09-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Stella posted this...

After ten years of popular demand, The State is available again! The
first season of the critically acclaimed 1993-95 MTV Series will be
released on iTunes Music Store, starting Tuesday, September 26th.
Depending on how many people download, MTV will release subsequent
seasons, and then eventually, hopefully, a DVD.

The first season includes introductions of favorite State characters
Doug, Louie, Barry & Levon. From the minds that brought you RENO 911!,
WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER, and STELLA: Kevin Allison, Michael Ian Black,
Ben Garant, Todd Holoubek, Michael Patrick Jann, Kerri Kenney, Thomas
Lennon, Joe Lo Truglio, Ken Marino, Michael Showalter and David Wain.

and

Look out for these State-member-made MOVIES coming soon:

LET'S GO TO PRISON (November 22)
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM (December 22)
BALLS OF FURY (January 26)
RENO 911! MIAMI (February 23)
THE PLEASURE OF YOUR COMPANY (2007)
DIGGERS (2007)
THE TEN (2007)

ALSO - Watch Cheap Seats on ESPN Classic if you get it.
Mike show has a reoccuring character and there have been guest appearances by Paul Rudd and A.D. Miles. Its like Mystery Science Theater but for sports. Check it ou'.

robdobi
09-20-2006, 11:20 AM
"balls of fury" sounds like it has so much potential and i have no idea who is in it / what it is about.

irrationalfilms
09-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Counting the days until Reno 911: Miami.

Balls of Fury is about a ping pong championship, and international espionage. Written by Tom Lennon & Ben Garrant.

Reno 911! is the best show on television.

iamthekiller
09-20-2006, 02:46 PM
it just boggles my mind how I can love Reno 911 and wet hot American summer so much but I just couldn't stand to watch Stella for more than a couple of minutes without wanting to shoot myself.

luckily I just changed the channel and then comedy central cancelled their show.

looking forward to getting re-acquainted with the state. it's about damn time they released it.

on a side note i would recommend watching episodes of celebrity poker showdown on bravo when michael ian black is on there. hil ar i ous.

kirbypuckett
09-20-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't get why people like Reno 911, awful show.

Stella is great...FANTASTIC!

Christopher
09-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Reno 911! is excellent, but it's format is pretty limiting. A lot seems reused from the beginning to now.

Stella is mediocre.

irrationalfilms
09-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by iamthekiller
it just boggles my mind how I can love Reno 911 and wet hot American summer so much but I just couldn't stand to watch Stella for more than a couple of minutes without wanting to shoot myself.

I think Stella had its moments. Mostly the "Fire boobs" moment. But yeah, its sub-par compared to Reno & Wet Hot. Anyone seen The Baxter? Directed by Showalter. It kind of felt like "State-lite" to me. But I liked it.

In terms of Stella, while the Com Central series wasn't that amazing, there's one video on their Collegehumor.com page called "Pizza" that is nothing short of absolutely amazing.

InaGreendase
09-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by irrationalfilms
In terms of Stella, while the Com Central series wasn't that amazing, there's one video on their Collegehumor.com page called "Pizza" that is nothing short of absolutely amazing.

I don't get it, the actual shows were complete dogshit, but all the collegehumor videos absolutely ruled.

iamthekiller
09-21-2006, 10:22 AM
i think i did see a copy of 'the baxter' at blockhead but i kind of brushed it off since it looked quite cheesy. perhaps i'll look into it....

i get rad
09-21-2006, 03:20 PM
I really enjoyed the Baxtor. It was one of the sweetest damn movies made for guys ever.

irrationalfilms
09-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I really love the scene in The Baxter where Showalter is sitting at the Brooklyn waterfront and talks to David Wain while drinking a forty:

"Went with the forty huh? Man, in college I used to put away one of these MYSELF."

Another great thing about The Baxter... Elizabeth Banks. She's heavenly.

irrationalfilms
09-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Actually since we're talking State-related stuff...

Where did Reno go? They aired maybe 7 episodes of Season 4 and then started up on other things. Where's the rest of the season? I met Carlos Alazraqui once (Officer Garcia) and he told me they shot a full season and were starting on season 5. If so, where's it at? It makes me sad.

kirbypuckett
09-21-2006, 07:59 PM
I really enjoyed Baxter.

It was funny when it needed to be and cute/funny as well.