PDA

View Full Version : The new Fear Before record

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-18-2006, 06:48 PM
I used to hate Fear Before The March Of Flames, but their new record is fucking GOOD. It's like Muse, Minus The Bear, Cursive, Circa Survive and Scarlet all rolled up into one.

musical-monkey
09-18-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm intrigued...and slightly aroused.

BizzleBrizzle
09-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Are you serious?

jordan pastepunk
09-18-2006, 07:26 PM
He ain't joking, it's impressive stuff. For the hell of it, I'll toss in Refused in there for comparisons as well. It's a totally sound different from their first release and a nice, striking departure from Art Damage.

P-Fresh
09-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by BizzleBrizzle
Are you serious?

Seriously, how come people don't just listen to strictly overhyped hardcore bands?

JimmysTangoMethod
09-18-2006, 08:05 PM
It's pretty good.

At times I feel like it's just dragging on though and it gets slightly annoying. But all in all, very enjoyable and as stated already , a lot different then their previous material.

BizzleBrizzle
09-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by P-Fresh
Seriously, how come people don't just listen to strictly overhyped hardcore bands?

hardcore, lookout style pop-punk, and shoegaze are all you need

Everything else blows

CoreyPastepunk
09-18-2006, 08:39 PM
I agree with Scott and Jordan. One listen to the beginning notes of "High As A Horse" and it should convince anyone that they've definitely took a turn for the better. There's so many quality songs on this record that are actually catchy in a weird but amazing way - unlike a lot of Art Damage.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by BizzleBrizzle
hardcore, lookout style pop-punk, and shoegaze are all you need

Everything else blows

You're fired.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/images/photos4.8/6905_512.jpg

monsterriffs
09-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
You're fired.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/images/photos4.8/6905_512.jpg

i normally side with you, man, but that jpeg was lame.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by bethesdacore
i normally side with you, man, but that jpeg was lame.

-tear-

Fuzzy
09-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Not your finest work, Conz.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-18-2006, 09:19 PM
I was rushing it. Don't worry I'll come back.

Barry
09-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Cmon guys, how can you possibly like this? The vocals are still terrible, and while the music is a small step up from their old stuff, its still nothing short of average.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Barry
Cmon guys, how can you possibly like this? The vocals are still terrible, and while the music is a small step up from their old stuff, its still nothing short of average.

It drags a little towards the end, but there's some seriously innovative shit going on here.

CoreyPastepunk
09-18-2006, 09:30 PM
They definitely address the vocals in this song "Mouth". I can't find the lyrics anywhere cause they weren't in the booklet, but he says something like: "is his unintelligable squawking churning out anything worth listening to? (we're toning down everything, we're toning down everything) we're using you're suggestions (i think?), try to get the point across" then later something like "we're trying to speak clearly, but the voices get ..., we over exasperating (?), to the always open mouth". It is hard to tell exactly cause these lines usually come from the guitarist hidden beneath a ton of noise. Either way there's definitely some shots taken at their critics.

InaGreendase
09-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Well obviously they did use the critics' suggestions because it's a huge step up from AD. The first 2 songs on that album are pretty good but it's so hard to stay focused the rest of the way through.

This one, there's a lot of awesome moments but very few actual awesome songs. Still solid, but at least for me, I don't think they'll ever top Odd How People Shake.

monsterriffs
09-19-2006, 08:02 PM
i think barry just hates any music of this genre that sounds remotely influenced by Botch.

Barry
09-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by bethesdacore
i think barry just hates any music of this genre that sounds remotely influenced by Botch.

I wouldn't go that far, but Botch has such an distinct sound that it's hard to play anything like what they played without sounding like a complete knockoff. With that said this record gives me the impression they started worshipping converge a little more than botch this time around. Just becase this is what passes for hardcore in 2006 doesn't mean we have to say "ehh since there is nothing better coming out I guess I'll like it."

musical-monkey
09-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Richard
Converge is coming out with a new cd this November - NO HEROES. It promises to bring together the past and future to create something mind blowing that can only be described as the PRESENT. Jacob Bannon fans prepare to be knocked into Tuesday of next week with this release!

BOOM!

It comes out in October. Step up your game, man.