PDA

View Full Version : niners

PH
09-17-2006, 05:45 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/eb31267b-49aa-4b0a-bcd8-ab8006c60767.jpg

a goofy gus
09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
i like alex smith so i am glad the niners won. i am stuck with watching the redskins awful secondary and making me want to kill myself.

Christopher
09-17-2006, 10:15 PM
they definitely spoiled my excellent pick day.

rawrchadrawr
09-17-2006, 11:39 PM
how about the chargers being 2-0 and outscoring their opponents 67-7?

awesome. stoked.

stayouttamalibu
09-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by rawrchadrawr

awesome. stoked.

hell yeah dude, go chargers.

Christopher
09-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by rawrchadrawr

awesome. stoked.

yeah they look impressive, but it's not like they've been tested much.

rawrchadrawr
09-18-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Christopher
yeah they look impressive, but it's not like they've been tested much.

hey man, those are my doggs. they will (might) keep it up.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-18-2006, 06:27 AM
HOW ABOUT THE BEARS? HOT DAMN.

BNO
09-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
HOW ABOUT THE BEARS? HOT DAMN.

Well you know they played the Lions right? The Bears are my favorite to win the NFC but they beat the laughing stock of the sports world.

This season is gonna be a good one.

ps. that Gore guy for SF is gonna be huuuuuuuuuge this year.

The Marc
09-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Highlight of the week: Chad Johnson getting laid out.

Christopher
09-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by The Marc
Highlight of the week: Chad Johnson getting laid out.

that was beautiful. the tackler must not have liked his chicken dance.

Detroit's not as bad as Oakland this year.

CoreyPastepunk
09-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Even if the Bears are the favorite to win the NFC North, it wouldn't matter because this division sucks. Seriously - I've grown up on the Lions and the only time they were exciting was when they had Barry Sanders and Herman Moore. I don't even get the pleasure of watching the Lions play teams like the Ravens or Chargers or Colts or some other exciting team twice a year - we get the terrible Packers, the hated Bears, and the purple Vikings that somehow are doing good with Brad Johnson as their QB! This is the most un-exciting division in the history of sports.

I'm rooting for the Ravens all year because their defense has heart and I'm hoping Steve McNair will show up his old team that isn't even letting his replacement play full games (that is pointless!).

kirbypuckett
09-18-2006, 10:47 AM
The Steelers will deal w/ the Ravens soon enough.

Christopher
09-18-2006, 10:48 AM
stealers shoud have lost the super bowl.

Jags over Stealers tonight

stayouttamalibu
09-18-2006, 11:56 AM
im gonna be at hooters tonight in pittsburgh watching the game with a ton of jags fans...should be interesting.

Anchors
09-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Bills have surprised the hell out of me this year. The defense is fast and full of energy, McGahee looks great, now only if Losman could hit some of those deep shots he takes (the two he missed yesterday were perfect throws, Evans dropped one, he was shoved down on the other) they could really be looking at a playoff run.

Especially since they almost beat New England on the road, and then did beat Miami on the road, the two teams that were supposed to run away with the division.

If they beat the Jets next week, they'll be looking good.

Christopher
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
I totally agree. I wrote off the first game as the Pats just being rusty or something, but they looked pretty tight against the dolphins.

NYG is my favorite new york team, though.

kirbypuckett
09-18-2006, 03:47 PM
I don't get why people STILL think the steelers should have lost the super bowl.

Did we not watch the same game?

Christopher
09-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I honestly just say it to piss off stealers fans.

Christopher
09-18-2006, 09:40 PM
SHUT OUT

kirbypuckett
09-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Meh, it's early in the season.

Jacksonville did a great job stopping the run.

I didn't expect much out of Ben, it's his first game back, but this was pretty bad.

Batch should have played.

Anyways, the only time we have lost recently was w/out Ben or when Ben came back from an injury.

We'll see what kind of team we have next week against the Bungles.

Good game Jags.

That Ying-Yang Twin lookin' dude is a Steeler Killer.

stayouttamalibu
09-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by kirbypuckett
I don't get why people STILL think the steelers should have lost the super bowl.

Did we not watch the same game?

you mean the game where the refs basically handed the steelers the game? yea i watched that one.

BNO
09-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Fuckin Steelers, I lost bets on both the sunday and monday night game.

I'm now in the red with my roomate.

PH
09-19-2006, 01:28 AM
the jags seriously have at least the second best defense in the game...and nobody gives them any recognition for it. i even drafted the jags defense in the two fantasy leagues i'm in after ten other teams were taken...i was baffled. jax is always under the radar and they're a serious obstacle in the playoffs.

also...ALEX SMITH!!! FRANK GORE!!! ANTONIO BRYANT!!! MANNY LAWSON!!!

kirbypuckett
09-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by stayouttamalibu
you mean the game where the refs basically handed the steelers the game? yea i watched that one.

There were bad calls on both sides of the ball. You cannot complain about the refs. because each and every football game has some sort of blunder.

brandon-punkrocks
09-19-2006, 12:13 PM
you know why the steeler's shouldn't have won the super bowl? because the bengals should have beaten them, but palmer got hurt. they had that shit on lockdown.

Anchors
09-19-2006, 01:08 PM
There were bad calls on both sides of the ball. You cannot complain about the refs. because each and every football game has some sort of blunder.

Easy to say for somebody who's team benefited greatly from at least 3 or 4 HORRENDOUS calls made in that game. There were bad calls on both sides, you're right, but none against the Steelers made me literally get up out of my chair and yell ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME at the TV in the middle of the bar.

This from a guy who doesn't give a shit about either team, mind you.

You can be as big a Steelers homer as you want, I'm that way for the Sabres, but do not fucking act like bad officiating didn't hand your team the Lombardi.

Anchors
09-19-2006, 02:19 PM
P.S. "every football game" isn't even close to as important as the Super Bowl. The NFL should have had their absolute best referees in that game.

PH
09-19-2006, 08:25 PM
i was absolutely objective on last year's super bowl and didn't care which team won, and i don't recall any calls that were objectionable or bad. the steelers won the super bowl. get over it.

Anchors
09-19-2006, 08:56 PM
You don't recall a single objectional call?

What in the fucking hell is wrong with you, did you watch that game?

Fuzzy
09-19-2006, 09:06 PM
There were objectionable calls, but I think in the end the Steelers won it fair and square.

PH
09-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Anchors
You don't recall a single objectional call?

What in the fucking hell is wrong with you, did you watch that game?

yes. and it's a shame that any "fans" would seriously blame the officials for anything. why is it that EVERY year people complain about the officials, no matter what the sport or team or player? it's phenomenal. it's like people feel the need to justify the loss. get a group of fans of the same team and watch the game with them and they'll complain about every call...it goes the other way, it's legit. watch...you'll see it this year too. seriously, i've been watching football a long time and nothing in the last superbowl is any worse than any other game. you think a borderline call changes the game? what, did some holding penalty cause hasselback to become so frazzled that he had to throw an interception or something? i don't recall any holding call that didn't have any holding...any fumble that wasn't a fumble, any int that wasn't an int, any pass interference that wasn't pass interference. all i remember is a rushing TD by ben that was tough to see.

not to mention that in america fanbases of sports are so dominated by a gambling mentality that people are super competitive over simply rooting for a team...even if it's not their team or know anything about them or even the sport. notice the objection of the american casual soccer fan over the calls against the US this past world cup. complaining about red cards when players slide tackle ankles with cleats up? what, did they lose a bet? or face? might as well not call head butting somebody in the chest. meanwhile, european friends of mine didn't even notice any controversy.

the only game i have ever had any hardcore issue with officiating, or even blamed the officials for anything, was won by the right team in the end anyway. it was a lakers vs. timberwolves playoffs game in 2003. you want to talk about bad calls, talk about that game...or the baron davis shot. you're going to claim foul in last year's superbowl? with a straight face? sheesh. steelers winning was legit.

Anchors
09-20-2006, 01:00 PM
What are you talking about? It doesn't happen every year in every sport. I don't recall any problems with last years World Series, Stanley Cup, or NBA Finals.

I'm not going to make some long drawn out argument here, because it's apparently futile. But if you don't think that Seattle got screwed, and I'm not saying they'd have won, but if you don't think they got screwed you are a god damn fool.

brandon-punkrocks
09-20-2006, 03:57 PM
i'm not trying to nit pick with you because seattle did get screwed, but there was all kinds of drama about the officiating in the nba finals this past year.

brandon-punkrocks
09-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Meh, it's early in the season.

Jacksonville did a great job stopping the run.

I didn't expect much out of Ben, it's his first game back, but this was pretty bad.

Batch should have played.

Anyways, the only time we have lost recently was w/out Ben or when Ben came back from an injury.

We'll see what kind of team we have next week against the Bungles.

Good game Jags.

That Ying-Yang Twin lookin' dude is a Steeler Killer.
and you don't really have the right to call them the bungles. since they won the division last year and it took an injury and pittsburgh was still behind at the half.

stayouttamalibu
09-20-2006, 04:02 PM
i could legitimately care less about seattle or pittsburgh, but the officiating was definitely horrible enough to make me and all of the people i was watching with, who also didnt really care who won, get up and yell exactly like anchors.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by stayouttamalibu
i could legitimately care less about seattle or pittsburgh, but the officiating was definitely horrible enough to make me and all of the people i was watching with, who also didnt really care who won, get up and yell exactly like anchors.

1. Anchors yells a lot.

2. That being said, I also didn't give two shits about who won and I couldn't believe the bevy of awful calls in the Steelers' favor.

Anchors
09-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Oh, you don't even want to hear me during a Bills game.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Anchors
Oh, you don't even want to hear me during a Bills game.

You're right. I don't.

Anchors
09-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
You're right. I don't.

Lolz!!

Man, first the awful jpeg, now this, what's wrong with you lately?

PH
09-20-2006, 11:52 PM
you guys are either just saying that, or never watch football.

Anchors
09-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by PH
you guys are either just saying that, or never watch football.

You are clearly in the minority in this opinion. And by minority I mean, nobody in this entire post has agreed with you.

I've watched football since I was about 4, don't try pulling that card, the point is that it was some of the worst NFL officiating I've ever seen, and you're wasting breath trying to say otherwise.

PH
09-21-2006, 11:54 PM
no, it's just obvious you were pulling for the seahawks, or just wanted the steelers to lose, badly. maybe some of those people who claim foul were losing a bet. otherwise you wouldn't make a big deal about the officiating of that game. it's actually quite silly, considering the scope of football officiating within the past 10 years, to seriously have issue with this past superbowl. there is a much GREATER case to be made about officiating in the colts-steelers game than in the super bowl. and that stands for both sides of the ball in that game.

if you would like to post some videos of the questionable calls, i would gladly reevaluate my recollections of the super bowl and proclaim you the almighty all-knowing one.

also, since when does being in the minority make you wrong?

HaveFunDying
09-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by PH

"Crucify him," they shouted.

Anchors
09-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by PH
no, it's just obvious you were pulling for the seahawks, or just wanted the steelers to lose, badly. maybe some of those people who claim foul were losing a bet. otherwise you wouldn't make a big deal about the officiating of that game. it's actually quite silly, considering the scope of football officiating within the past 10 years, to seriously have issue with this past superbowl. there is a much GREATER case to be made about officiating in the colts-steelers game than in the super bowl. and that stands for both sides of the ball in that game.

if you would like to post some videos of the questionable calls, i would gladly reevaluate my recollections of the super bowl and proclaim you the almighty all-knowing one.

Did you not see where I said I couldn't care fucking less who won this game? My opinion now is no different than then. I'm a Bills fan. Neither team is a rival of such, and thus, I couldn't have cared less who won.

I didn't tape it, and so I don't have video of any specific calls, but you are seriously a fool to be arguing right now as to whether or not there were 'objectional' calls, you were clearly on the side of the black and gold.

PH
09-22-2006, 01:38 AM
it's obvious i wasn't, considering i wanted the colts to beat the steelers. i simply didn't care who won the superbowl. i didn't even enter the discussion about it all until it was clear you were bitter about the steelers winning...which is ludicrous if you seriously didn't care who won..otherwise you would have, like anybody else, simply came to the conclusion that the seahawks played terrible. instead you blame refs for "bad calls" when their calls were far from bad. i recall missed field goals, ints, fumbles, and silly mistakes by the seahawks, not "bad calls" by the refs. i don't like when people goat the refs and justify being bitter like that. selective viewing.

stayouttamalibu
09-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by PH
it's obvious i wasn't, considering i wanted the colts to beat the steelers. i simply didn't care who won the superbowl. i didn't even enter the discussion about it all until it was clear you were bitter about the steelers winning...which is ludicrous if you seriously didn't care who won..otherwise you would have, like anybody else, simply came to the conclusion that the seahawks played terrible. instead you blame refs for "bad calls" when their calls were far from bad. i recall missed field goals, ints, fumbles, and silly mistakes by the seahawks, not "bad calls" by the refs. i don't like when people goat the refs and justify being bitter like that. selective viewing.

youre just overlooking a couple of very specific, game turning calls that clearly helped the steelers. and again, i did not give a shit either way who won.