No Knife

damnn ...props

Big_Guy
09-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Engine Down and No Knife are amazing.

I'll check out Hell Is for Heroes

ConzoTheLegacy
09-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Engine Down was fantastic. The singer is now on Sparta, but unfortunately that new song I heard from them was so disappointing.

kirbypuckett
09-17-2006, 09:20 AM
I never go out of my way to listen to Engine Down, but every time it comes up on shuffle on my iPod I am so blown away.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-17-2006, 10:25 AM
The best thing about Engine Down and No Knife -- besides the fact that they're two of my all-time favorite bands -- is that it's quite economical to get into them. You can purchase both bands' catalogs for pennies on the dollar on half.com. Check out Engine Down:

http://people.half.ebay.com/Engine-Down_W0QQmZmusicQQcidZ1376159437

(I recommend getting Demure first, it's unarguably their best work.)

And No Knife:

http://people.half.ebay.com/No-Knife-Nine-Days-Wonder_W0QQmZmusicQQcidZ1191742803

(Ignore the "/Nine Days Wonder" tag on their name; they put out a split CD with that band once but somehow half.com/ebay has labeled all of their records with that now. Pick up Fire In The City Of The Automatons first, but they're all great.)

stayouttamalibu
09-17-2006, 11:27 AM
hit man dreams is definitely no knifes best record.

JimmysTangoMethod
09-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Demure > self/titled

by farrrr. wow amazing album.

So far I think like Riot For Romance over Hit Man Dreams, but both are still quite incredible. I gotta get Automations next.

btw, the Transmit Disrupt album by Hell Is For Heroes is pretty rockin' too. very strong post-hardcore.

trinket
09-17-2006, 03:15 PM
i saw no knife with cursive a few years ago, and they were amazing. the singers harmonizing was INSANE. i think criteria opened the show and i fell in love with them too.

i'm partial to riot for romance.

and engine down is awesome. first time i ever heard them i was with some muppers.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by trinket
i saw no knife with cursive a few years ago, and they were amazing. the singers harmonizing was INSANE. i think criteria opened the show and i fell in love with them too.

That show sounds pretty awesome.

InaGreendase
09-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Riot for Romance is a jam and a half. The Hell Is for Heroes album is good too but I haven't really revisited it since I reviewed it.

rawrchadrawr
09-17-2006, 11:42 PM
speaking of no knife, who ruled, you should listen to ryan ferguson. he wrote the poppier no knife songs and his solo stuff is pretty awesome.

mikeyj
09-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Three, Four is an awesome EP. I hope he puts out a full length soon.

James
09-18-2006, 11:39 PM
tonight i discivered i realize how much i like emmy lou harris and the band. them some slick guitar players! engine down is cool too.