PDA

View Full Version : I"m sorry for talking about music here but...

BNO
09-13-2006, 02:49 PM
That new Norma Jean is seriously fun as fuck, I love it.

Christopher
09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
I think it's my least favorite of their albums (I wasn't a big fan to begin with).

rawrchadrawr
09-13-2006, 05:23 PM
definitely better than their last one. it doesn't rip off botch as much.

lolz
09-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by rawrchadrawr
definitely better than their last one. it doesn't rip off botch as much.

Haha.

InaGreendase
09-13-2006, 07:18 PM
This album was described to me as Keith Buckley fronting Botch. What a shocker.

BNO
09-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Seriously, enough with the Botch stuff.

If you're the first of a kind, then fuck, yeah, the rest of the bands in the genre you made will sound similar.

Please fuck off and die with these comparisons. THIS CD, IS FUCKING SICK BRO.

BizzleBrizzle
09-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Terrible thread

monsterriffs
09-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by BizzleBrizzle
Terrible thread

wow the n00b isn't pulling any punches.

haha, i would have called the botch police, but i guess they already arrived.

InaGreendase
09-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey, they were someone else's words, not mine.

BNO
09-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Terrible thread

sorry man, I forgot you were making killer threads all the time. I'll leave it up to you from now on.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Ass Cobra
sorry man, I forgot you were making killer threads all the time. I'll leave it up to you from now on.

http://www.whitescarver.com/erinjeff/Owned/owned-baby.jpg

BizzleBrizzle
09-14-2006, 03:45 PM
OH my god, you're so smart and cunning, did you make the image yourself in MSPaint? Or did you find that in eBaum's world?

Seriously, a positive thread about Norma Jean, a christian metal band that is mostly loved by gender confused dudes and girls with terrible haircuts.

Next thing you're gonna be saying Daughters are a good band.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-14-2006, 04:05 PM
OH my god, you're so smart and cunning, did you make the image yourself in MSPaint? Or did you find that in eBaum's world?

Seriously, a positive thread about Norma Jean, a christian metal band that is mostly loved by gender confused dudes and girls with terrible haircuts.

Nah, I just googled "owned."

But it's nice to meet you.

bob_loblaw
09-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I've never been the biggest Norma Jean fan but what does them being Christian have to do with anything, it's not like you can even understand what the dude is saying. Plus they do write some pretty sick songs even if I can only listen to them for like 20 minutes at a time.

JimmysTangoMethod
09-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
http://www.whitescarver.com/erinjeff/Owned/owned-baby.jpg

That's a great picture.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Dude you know what else is good? Daughters.

lokithelion
09-14-2006, 06:33 PM

There really have never been any good christian bands. Pedro the Lion, Starflyer 59, Calibretto, Slick Shoes, Cool Hand Look, Mewithoutyou, Spitfire, Training for Utopia, Zao, Shorthanded, Blaster the Rocketboy, the Deadlines and Harley Poe all suck balls.

Also the new Daughters is killer. Grind mixed with the Birthday Party rules.

Fuzzy
09-14-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm shocked that it was Loki who defended the Christian part of his insult.

I'm sure everyone will be shocked when I say "get over it you ignorant fuck" in regards to the gender-confused part. You say that as if it's a bad thing.

irrationalfilms
09-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by lokithelion
There really have never been any good christian bands.

Beloved.

lokithelion
09-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy
I'm shocked that it was Loki who defended the Christian part of his insult.

I'm sure everyone will be shocked when I say "get over it you ignorant fuck" in regards to the gender-confused part. You say that as if it's a bad thing.

...defended?

HaveFunDying
09-14-2006, 07:04 PM
There really have never been any good christian bands.

monsterriffs
09-14-2006, 07:21 PM
i'll throw Further Seems Forever in there with their first two records. don't act like you kids weren't jizzing yourselves about them when the Moon Is Down was around. except for Justin; he doesn't like anything unless it's played on a banjo and a slide-pick

Fuzzy
09-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by bethesdacore
i'll throw Further Seems Forever in there with their first two records. don't act like you kids weren't jizzing yourselves about them when the Moon Is Down was around. except for Justin; he doesn't like anything unless it's played on a banjo and a slide-pick And that banjo better have been your grandfather's or else you're a fucking sellout poser.

Fag.

The Marc
09-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Dogwood. And they're recording again. I mean, I'M stoked.

BizzleBrizzle
09-14-2006, 08:42 PM
I mean, do you guys really think this crap is good? Do you have ears?

JimmysTangoMethod
09-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by bethesdacore
i'll throw Further Seems Forever in there with their first two records. don't act like you kids weren't jizzing yourselves about them when the Moon Is Down was around. except for Justin; he doesn't like anything unless it's played on a banjo and a slide-pick

Speaking of FSF, that ActionReaction album is pretty solid.

HaveFunDying
09-14-2006, 09:08 PM
"I like Christian Rock. They don't think they're so cool and hip like REAL musicians."

ConzoTheLegacy
09-14-2006, 09:11 PM
I mean, do you guys really think this crap is good? Do you have ears?

HE'S TRYING TO OVERTAKE THE BOARD!

Anchors
09-15-2006, 12:40 AM
The Moon Is Down is one of the best albums ever.

BNO
09-15-2006, 01:48 AM

First of all, yous a bitch nigga.(thats a killa cam reference, if you don't know it, you should.)

Second of all, I probably get more pussy than half this board combined(not saying its all hot pussy) so I'm not gender confused.

Third of all, I don't give a fuck if this is a Christian band. I worship Satan, if you think I'm lying ask me about it sometime.

Fourth of all, I have to say it, Conzo you did me a solid on this one.

Fifth of all, who the fuck are you BrizzleBizzle? Just because you post on Punknews and you think that makes your shit tight, doesn't mean you can come in here and shit all over everything.

Sixth of all, yous a bitch nigga.

Seventh of all, how are you going to wear open toe sandles with jeans?

Eighth of all, Norma Jean fucking pumps me up. He could be singing praise be allah but the riffs on this cd make my fucking penis get hard and I want to fuck you Brizzle Bizzle on my own bed and cum on your ass. Why's that? Cause I am gender confused.

HaveFunDying
09-15-2006, 02:51 AM
First of all, yous a bitch nigga.(thats a killa cam reference, if you don't know it, you should.)

Second of all, I probably get more pussy than half this board combined(not saying its all hot pussy) so I'm not gender confused.

Third of all, I don't give a fuck if this is a Christian band. I worship Satan, if you think I'm lying ask me about it sometime.

Fifth of all, who the fuck are you BrizzleBizzle? Just because you post on Punknews and you think that makes your shit tight, doesn't mean you can come in here and shit all over everything.

Eighth of all, Norma Jean fucking pumps me up. He could be singing praise be allah but the riffs on this cd make my fucking penis get hard and I want to fuck you Brizzle Bizzle on my own bed and cum on your ass. Why's that? Cause I am gender confused.

Seriously though dude, I can probably get you a spot in Faggot Apocalypse. Don't tell Anchors though.

BNO
09-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by HaveFunDying
Seriously though dude, I can probably get you a spot in Faggot Apocalypse. Don't tell Anchors though.

That'd be awesome. But, I finally have to admit, I am TODD FUCK, from Todd Fuck and the Gays(or dudes depending usually Gays) so I don't know if I can juggle two bands.

BizzleBrizzle
09-15-2006, 10:54 AM

I never wear open toe sandles, dudes who wear sandles are fucking faggots.

And I'm fucking Bizzle Brizzle, I'm iller than Kim Jong.

stayouttamalibu
09-15-2006, 10:58 AM
There really have never been any good christian bands. Pedro the Lion, Starflyer 59, Calibretto, Slick Shoes, Cool Hand Look, Mewithoutyou, Spitfire, Training for Utopia, Zao, Shorthanded, Blaster the Rocketboy, the Deadlines and Harley Poe all suck balls.

uh......stryper??

Simulacra
09-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Strongarm.

Dude Beer
09-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Just listened to this cd all the way through while driving around today. Pretty solid, I'd say it's a lot more accessible than their last two records.

My 12 year old sister told me it sounds like a "louder version of Underoath, without the singing".

sad_dc
09-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Simulacra
Strongarm.

Man, I love Advent of a Miracle.

Starflyer 59 are consistently solid, despite the lame lyrics.

I don't remember what Norma Jean sound like.

Barry
09-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by sad_dc

I don't remember what Norma Jean sound like.

Crap

rawrchadrawr
09-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Simulacra
Strongarm.

why don't bands play music like this (and old shai hulud) anymore?

ConzoTheLegacy
09-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I never wear open toe sandles, dudes who wear sandles are fucking faggots.

I suppose by now you figured out that calling people faggots is really cool.

musical-monkey
09-18-2006, 07:23 AM
I actually don't hate the new Norma Jean as much as I thought I would. That first track is pretty good.

Fuzzy
09-18-2006, 08:26 AM
YAH MAN SNADLES ARE FOR FAGZ OMGOMGOMGOM

BUTTZ

We already have our token offensive dude, thanks. And at least he's funny about it.

BizzleBrizzle
09-18-2006, 08:55 AM
I was just speaking the truth.

Norma Jean sucks

Dudes in sandles look lame as hell

And I'm the hottest thing since September 11th

Fuzzy
09-18-2006, 10:25 AM
fAGATZ ARE LAME!111!!@!!

BizzleBrizzle
09-18-2006, 10:52 AM
For real, haven't they ever heard of a little thing called missionary position?

P-Fresh
09-18-2006, 04:56 PM

Ben, I like you and all....but please stop posting here.

Dude Beer
09-18-2006, 04:56 PM

gays can do missionary. sayin'

Fuzzy
09-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Ian
gays can do missionary. sayin' Thank god someone else brought this up.

HaveFunDying
09-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Ian
gays can do missionary. sayin'

I'm trying to make sense of this statement. I'm getting nothing but a really awkward visual.

Missionary is probably the least efficient position ever anyway.

BizzleBrizzle
09-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by P-Fresh
Ben, I like you and all....but please stop posting here.

Hell nah, this is too much fun!

James
09-18-2006, 11:37 PM
the point of this thread is: justin is awesome.