PDA

View Full Version : Pitchfork for the win

musical-monkey
09-13-2006, 10:31 AM
from their review of that Panic at the Disco single:

"It won't change the fact that this woe-is-me story of a groom learning some dirt about his bride right before the wedding is just another stupid song about a dude getting screwed over by a girl performed by dudes that don't sound like they've ever screwed in a lightbulb, on an album full of the stuff."

Brilliant

HaveFunDying
09-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Pitchfork occasionally manages to say something I really really like. I.E. The 0.0 Weezer review, and the bashing of Green Day's live DVD (which needed to be done so badly).

adam punknews.org
09-13-2006, 01:02 PM
That write up was great... and also surprising because I could actually read it. The mind boggling grammatical acrobatics their writers usually stuff into the track reviews is completely unreadable.

ModernDrunk
09-13-2006, 02:09 PM
They tore the Mars Volta a new one in their most recent review.

BNO
09-13-2006, 03:03 PM
And they big upped baller ass Lil Wayne. Holla.

MikeM
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I hate to say it, but I generally agree with Pitchfork a lot of the time. Definitley right on the money about PATD.The reviews are usually hard to get through though.

monsterriffs
09-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by MikeM
I hate to say it, but I generally agree with Pitchfork a lot of the time. Definitley right on the money about PATD.The reviews usually hard to get through though.

they really don't subscribe to the notion that brevity is the soul of wit.

rawrchadrawr
09-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ModernDrunk
They tore the Mars Volta a new one in their most recent review.

not as bad as the last one.