PDA

View Full Version : Review: Dragonforce Tour


irrationalfilms
09-09-2006, 01:09 AM
-The Wiltern in LA is the worst venue ever. We had to sit in seats up in a balcony like we were at the opera. And the sound system was ridiculously muddy.

-Dragonforce fans are total mouthbreathers. They boo'ed HORSE The Band and kept shouting for Dragonforce in between songs. 1) that's rude, and 2) HORSE the Band is awesome.

-The singer for All That Remains took off his shirt to flex his muscles while he sang and he didn't have a single tattoo. He did, however, have nipple piercings. He must do male modeling when his band isn't touring or something.

-Being someone who really only knows one Dragonforce song and only likes it because it's so ridiculous and over-the-top, they really kind of lose their appeal after 2-3 7 minute versions of a bunch of dweedle-e-dee metal solos.

PH
09-09-2006, 03:57 AM
booing horse the band is so not cool. i have a chance to go see this tomorrow, but i'm giving it up to read my gandhi class homework.

monsterriffs
09-09-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm not surprised HORSE got booed. Which sucks, but dragonforce fans did the same thing to Protest The Hero (good, I say...but still) on the last tour. As for All That Remains, that guy looks like a fratty anyway, so the fact that he has nipple piercings (ugh) doesn't surprise me.

sucks you didn't enjoy yourself.

RedScare
09-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by irrationalfilms
-The Wiltern in LA is the worst venue ever. We had to sit in seats up in a balcony like we were at the opera. And the sound system was ridiculously muddy.

-Dragonforce fans are total mouthbreathers. They boo'ed HORSE The Band and kept shouting for Dragonforce in between songs. 1) that's rude, and 2) HORSE the Band is awesome.

-The singer for All That Remains took off his shirt to flex his muscles while he sang and he didn't have a single tattoo. He did, however, have nipple piercings. He must do male modeling when his band isn't touring or something.

-Being someone who really only knows one Dragonforce song and only likes it because it's so ridiculous and over-the-top, they really kind of lose their appeal after 2-3 7 minute versions of a bunch of dweedle-e-dee metal solos.

I honestly appreciate the heads up. I was thinking about going tonight; it's at the Wrfield, SF's worst venue. I don't like metal at all, but I do love the "over-the-top" element. I bet that shit would get tiring after a few tunes. Gilman it is!

chunk
09-09-2006, 11:47 AM
I was going to go, but things came up and I stayed up in SB. John and Kevin went.... I was informed that there were trampolines on stage. Epic.

I saw this band at the Whisky and it was one of most fun shows I'd been to. Protest The Hero did indeed get booed, but they called everyone in the crowd a bunch of fags who wished their band was good enough to go on tour with Dragonforce.

Herman Li even came up to the balcony and did a solo in my lap.

I can see this band not being as awesome at the Wiltern.

HaveFunDying
09-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Weeeeird. I would think that a gimmick metal band with obnoxiously long songs would make for a fun show.

HaveFunDying
09-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by bethesdacore
As for All That Remains, that guy looks like a fratty anyway, so the fact that he has nipple piercings (ugh) doesn't surprise me.

Give me back my gimmick.

James
09-10-2006, 03:45 AM
when dragonforce played here, it was some type of cultural event for all the hardcore/punk/diy/indie/bike kids. pretty much every one i know with the exception of myself went.

i had to hear about this show for like 3 weeks.

BARONE
09-10-2006, 01:08 PM
this band's fans has made me hate them so much. dragonforce arent even that impressive within the realm of power metal when you compare them to bands like Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica. At least those bands do more than just shred.

stayouttamalibu
09-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by XxBloodRedXx
this band's fans has made me hate them so much. dragonforce arent even that impressive within the realm of power metal when you compare them to bands like Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica. At least those bands do more than just shred.

youre right about the distinct difference between dragonforce and stratovarius/sonata arctica being that those two bands actually write good songs. however i would definitely say dragonforce are impressive within the realm of power metal; just because they dont write as good of songs doesnt mean they arent impressive as hell.

BARONE
09-11-2006, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by stayouttamalibu
youre right about the distinct difference between dragonforce and stratovarius/sonata arctica being that those two bands actually write good songs. however i would definitely say dragonforce are impressive within the realm of power metal; just because they dont write as good of songs doesnt mean they arent impressive as hell.
maybe but it seems to me that 9 out of 10 dragonforce fans are just easily amused by the dweedleedweedleewoo's.