PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from MXPX...

strungoutonlife
09-07-2006, 10:15 PM
and whole wheat bread. It was a pretty good show, MXPX decided to bust out some old ones, and took lots of requests. This was my first time seeing them in a club setting (i saw 'em on warped one year), and they are pretty damn energetic. WWB was ok, but nothing earth-shattering. Even better, saw some flyers for SICK shows coming to common grounds....Relapse tour with Fuck the Facts, Facedowninshit, and Unearthly Trance, and two LTJ shows with the Loved Ones and Catch-22!!! Wooooo

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-07-2006, 10:28 PM
...and boy, is my faith tired!

Barry
09-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Didn't a member of Whole Wheat Bread get tossed in the can recently? They are the only opening band i have ever seen do an encore after a 30 min set.

strungoutonlife
09-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Barry
Didn't a member of Whole Wheat Bread get tossed in the can recently? They are the only opening band i have ever seen do an encore after a 30 min set.

Yea, i think their bass player got like 2 years for theft. His replacement did alright, though. On a different note, I thought it was hilarious that more girls were lining up to get their pics taken with WWB than with MXPX

Big_Guy
09-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by strungoutonlife
Yea, i think their bass player got like 2 years for theft. His replacement did alright, though. On a different note, I thought it was hilarious that more girls were lining up to get their pics taken with WWB than with MXPX cuz they're black, lol.

no, but seriously, they were really fucking good when I saw them. gimmick or not, they were great