PDA

View Full Version : Bullets And Octane Vs. Scott Heisel DEATHMATCH!!!!!

Skapunk
09-07-2006, 12:07 AM
From a myspace bulletin by the band:

"Check this shit out...

We just found out when we announced our wet t-shirt contest Scott Heisel, AP Magazines Associate Editor said, "its stunts like this that will make me never cover this band in ap".....

AAaahhhhhh..sorry Scott! Maybe if we had little boys who can't play live, write shitty songs, dress in emo attire, and have homo hair cuts, you'd be into us!!!

Scared of a wet t-shirt contest? Douche bag."

I guess the fans will eat it up.

P.S. I liked the harder songs on their first album before they went full butt rock, but this statement is pretty douchey.

chunk
09-07-2006, 01:53 AM
I hate this band. About a year and a half ago, my old band played a small bar in Santa Barbara (Velvet Jones, for those who might be familiar with it) and they backlined the place. If you've been there, you know that it's tiny... there's not room for backlining on that stage. It sucked... cocky as balls too.

I don't know how they got Ken Andrews to mix their record.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Amazing. Can you give me a link to that bulletin? I need to make a phone call to their publicist.

Fuzzy
09-07-2006, 08:10 AM
It's amazing that within their defense of a pretty lame act they managed to throw out some homophobic slurs.

Class act, these guys.

CoreyPastepunk
09-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Skapunk

AAaahhhhhh..sorry Scott! Maybe if we had little boys who can't play live, write shitty songs, dress in emo attire, and have homo hair cuts, you'd be into us!!!

how is this any better:

http://myspace-225.vo.llnwd.net/00488/52/28/488928225_l.jpg

Skapunk
09-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
Amazing. Can you give me a link to that bulletin? I need to make a phone call to their publicist. http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=1530336986&Mytoken=0BDB9896-25E9-453C-924C6BC8624098C132762312

monsterriffs
09-07-2006, 10:07 AM
http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=1530336986&Mytoken=0BDB9896-25E9-453C-924C6BC8624098C132762312

i don't think that link works if the band isn't in your network.

John
09-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by chunk
I hate this band. About a year and a half ago, my old band played a small bar in Santa Barbara (Velvet Jones, for those who might be familiar with it) and they backlined the place. If you've been there, you know that it's tiny... there's not room for backlining on that stage. It sucked... cocky as balls too.
Yeah, after that show I had absolutely no interest in this band.

Scott, out of curiosity, what do you plan to say to their publicist?

musical-monkey
09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
what does backlining mean?

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by John
Yeah, after that show I had absolutely no interest in this band.

Scott, out of curiosity, what do you plan to say to their publicist?

This is what I wrote. Their publicist is a totally solid dude, by the way, and I'm not mad at him.

---
Remember about a month or so ago, when you sent out their press release about the wet T-shirt contest, I wrote back, ?This is why I won?t put this band in the magazine. Tell them that if they ever wonder.?

I guess they wondered, huh? Because last night, they sent out the following bulletin on MySpace:

[insert bulletin here]

Also, their bulletin has since resulted in a flurry of incredibly well-written comments on their MySpace page, including:

[insert comments here]
---

He wrote back and said:

---
hey scott, im really reallly sorry about this. yesterday their manager ben asked me where we stood with ap so i told him simply that you guys werent fans or more specifically that i know that you def werent into them. he then wrote back wanting to know why. so i wrote him back explaining that i heard from you after sending out that wet tshirt contest email and that you said it was things like that that made you not want to cover them. i told him this so he'd know the reason why they werent getting coverage not so the band would start some sort of war with ap. i thought the whole exchange was between both he and i only. i'm really sorry they posted that. i hope you believe that wasn't my intention!! im going to have to talk to management and ask him why he did that. that seriously bums me out. he's a cool guy so i doubt he meant anything by it either...maybe he just told the band and then they decided to post something about it....sorry!
---

Verdict: Bullets And Octane are douchebags. But their old band, Ultrafink, was pretty awesome. (Marc, do you know them?)

chunk
09-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by musical-monkey
what does backlining mean?

When a band backlines a venue, it means that they have their gear ready to go, so they can walk on stage and play. The other bands set up in front of their gear. This is something that is not typically done in smaller clubs.

Backlining is a must for large tours with headlining bands who have needs and soundcheck hours before the actual show.

This was not a large tour, let alone a large show.
This band wasn't even deemed the headliner.
There was maybe 100 people there.
That crowd was in no way there because of Bullets and Octane. John's band brought most of the people out.

Velvet's stage is about 14x8 feet... maybe. Does that sound big enough to backline to you?

Skapunk
09-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by chunk
When a band backlines a venue, it means that they have their gear ready to go, so they can walk on stage and play. The other bands set up in front of their gear. This is something that is not typically done in smaller clubs.

Backlining is a must for large tours with headlining bands who have needs and soundcheck hours before the actual show.

This was not a large tour, let alone a large show.
This band wasn't even deemed the headliner.
There was maybe 100 people there.
That crowd was in no way there because of Bullets and Octane. John's band brought most of the people out.

Velvet's stage is about 14x8 feet... maybe. Does that sound big enough to backline to you?
When we're forced to do that we set up shit so we can play on the floor with the amps on the stage. It's hard to hear the monitors though.

chunk
09-07-2006, 04:35 PM
When we're forced to do that we set up shit so we can play on the floor with the amps on the stage. It's hard to hear the monitors though.

That wouldn't really work at a place like Velvet.... the stage is about four and a half feet tall.

Skapunk
09-11-2006, 01:48 AM
They're at it again, and i quote:

"As you know...AP's associate editor, Scott, refuses to cover us. His final nail in the coffin was our wet t-shirt contest...so we wanted to make sure you all got a good look at what Scott's missing out on...

CLICK HERE FOR WET T-SHIRTS!

You better not look Scott!! You better not piss on our "stunt" then enjoy the goods! We don't like double standards, Scott!

THIS IS FOR OUR FANS!!! The one's who spit fuckin' rock n roll!! We have the sickest fans out there and we know you're as tired of this emo shit as we are!! Rally around boys and girls...it's just getting warmed up!!

Bullets.

"let the band know its stunts like this that will make me never cover them in ap"
-Scott Heisel, AP Magazine"

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-11-2006, 07:31 AM
They're at it again, and i quote:

"As you know...AP's associate editor, Scott, refuses to cover us. His final nail in the coffin was our wet t-shirt contest...so we wanted to make sure you all got a good look at what Scott's missing out on...

CLICK HERE FOR WET T-SHIRTS!

You better not look Scott!! You better not piss on our "stunt" then enjoy the goods! We don't like double standards, Scott!

THIS IS FOR OUR FANS!!! The one's who spit fuckin' rock n roll!! We have the sickest fans out there and we know you're as tired of this emo shit as we are!! Rally around boys and girls...it's just getting warmed up!!

Bullets.

"let the band know its stunts like this that will make me never cover them in ap"
-Scott Heisel, AP Magazine"

You gotta be kidding me. Link again, please?

Anchors
09-11-2006, 08:02 AM
The new Bullets and Octane album is currently sitting in front of me. It's fucking terrrrrrible.

Dude Beer
09-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Richard
The comments on their Myspace profile are priceless!

"Scott Heisel is a jelous bitch coz only men will wet their t-shirts for him....."

haha

The Marc
09-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
Verdict: Bullets And Octane are douchebags. But their old band, Ultrafink, was pretty awesome. (Marc, do you know them?)

Man, I used to love those guys. I saw them with Goldfinger once, and it was one of my favorite shows ever. But then again, I was young and foolish...

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by The Marc
Man, I used to love those guys. I saw them with Goldfinger once, and it was one of my favorite shows ever. But then again, I was young and foolish...

Dude, that Ultrafink record, Carbotrolley, was SO FUCKING GOOD.

Skapunk
09-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I commented them telling them they were being lame and immature trying to "rally against" en entire form of music because one person thinks that it is lame and immature to hold a wet t-shirt contest, I bet half of the contestants are under 18 anyway and if the cops discover this, they're screwed. Then they deleted me as a friend so i cant link the bulletin to you, sorry.

HaveFunDying
09-11-2006, 01:28 PM
The Girls Gone Wild bus is my town tonight. I think they're going to be at this club. 95 percent of me has no interest in going, but 5 percent of me really really wants to attend.

MikeM
09-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Who the fuck is this band?

kirbypuckett
09-11-2006, 09:31 PM
What a bunch of dorks.

How old is this band?

The education level of their fans must be about 3rd grade.

monsterriffs
09-11-2006, 09:55 PM
this was posted in their comments:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/njsdesigns/AP.jpg

i admit I lol'ed a bit, but that doesn't change the fact that they're stupid.

Fuzzy
09-11-2006, 10:04 PM
The whole "you're gay" being used as an insult by a band that is even tangentially related to this scene really pisses me off.

chunk
09-12-2006, 12:23 AM
I don't know why, but I see this band claiming their fans in the Avenged Sevenfold way... maybe it's their appearance?

BNO
09-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Boobs are great, this band sucks.

Barry
09-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Ass Cobra
Boobs are great, this band sucks.

Ya, I would be way more stoked if this was a Jets to Brazil wet tee shirt contest.

kirbypuckett
09-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I just got like 10 pages of messages from their fans, because I slammed them.

God the internet rules.

P-Fresh
09-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by kirbypuckett

God the internet rules.

Bout time you started posting here, fool.

Skapunk
09-12-2006, 09:12 PM

God the internet rules. Nice background, Shawn sure knows how to make a guitar look rad.

kirbypuckett
09-12-2006, 09:31 PM
How old are you guys?

Grow up a tad will you.

I don't think you guys have any right to slam Scott and/or AP when you look lamer than half the awful 'emo' (isn't that word dead?) acts that AP covers.

Also, shouldn't you guys at least write decent music before you try to act like you're rockstars?

It's a shame that your fan base (mostly adolescent kids) are actually looking up to you and your remarks about Scott. You're a band and these kids look up to you and you're only making them slightly dumber w/ your comments (and music).

Look at the grammar on your comments, it rivals the educational level of a three year old.

You guys are not relevant now and no one will care about you in a year and a half.

Get over yourselves.

their response: Do you feel better about yourself now?

mine: Well you guys get off harassing an editor of a magazine that you were obviously offended you didn't get in -- so the question is, "do you feel better about yourself" knowing that you had to sink to grade school recess banter inorder to be the 'bigger man?'

them: Punknews.com, huh? It all makes sense now. Good luck with that big guy!

bulletin they posted: "What the fuck? We're out here on the road busting our ass, playing hard for our fans, writing the best music we can...and we LOVE doing it because of you guys. We've NEVER talked shit on AP or Punknews.org..NEVER! Then out of nowhere they start throwing rocks and taking swings at us?!! You all know by now what's up with AP, and NOW we just got this message from Kirby at Punknews.org"

I have over 100 myspace messages, here is a sample:

"HEY CHECK OUT THE BRA WEARING EMO FAGSCOMMENTS NOW YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT THE SHOW AT CRICKET IN AZ WAS FUCKIN INSANE KEEP DOING WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING AND FUCK THOSE WHINY LITTLE PUKES AT A.P AND PUNKNEWS"

Dude Beer
09-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I think I would've posted more in this thread if I had ever heard of this band before

Dude Beer
09-12-2006, 09:53 PM
ALL CAPS!

Skapunk
09-12-2006, 10:56 PM
I totally deserve an unsigned bands of the month spot for pointing this out scott.

MikeM
09-13-2006, 03:21 PM
WHAT KIND OF HOMOS DON'T LIKE BULLETS AND OCTANE AND TITTIES?!

The Marc
09-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Way to make them hate punknews too, Kirby!

ConzoTheLegacy
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
My heads wants to explode just thinking how people could think this music is the second coming of the Beatles.

I find this whole shit hilarious. We should get every webzine within MUP to boycott Bullets and Octane!

kirbypuckett
09-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by The Marc
Way to make them hate punknews too, Kirby!

Punknews has enough moronic users, I don't think we need people like this posting on there.

Plus, I think even a band as simple as Screeching Weasel is too complicated for these toolboxes.

monsterriffs
09-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
We should get every webzine within MUP to boycott Bullets and Octane!

I certainly have no issue with this, and I doubt Jordan does either. Of course, Pastepunk's impact might not be felt as deeply as the Orgs...

jordan pastepunk
09-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I did post this on our news page on Monday night:

6. California's BULLETS AND OCTANE are in a spat with Alternative Press's Music Editor, Scott Heisel. Apparently the whole thing is over a wet t-shirt contest that the band is promoting. No offense to Alternative Press, but if you're in a rock band trying to prove how much you "rock" and how anti-emo you are, whining about not being covered in Alternative Press is about the lamest thing I have ever heard.

ebullientsoul
09-13-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm defintely going to be calling out B n' O tonight...

kirbypuckett
09-13-2006, 06:28 PM
The B&O guys had to do a little research to find out I'm affiliated w/ PNdotO. They must have read my myspace page to look for some 'dirt' because I never mentioned it to 'name drop.'

Some of them are actually posting on The Org:

it's sad when a website such as yourself attacks a band for gaining recognition because you didn't see it coming. quit hating on people because you're pathetic fucking retards that hadn't caught on to something real in the modern music scene. you feel obligated to ridicule so that you're still a viable source of "what's hot" in the "punk" scene when half the bands represented on this site are fucking morons with absolutely zero passion for their craft, and a shameful representation of what rock or "punk" as you call it was ever meant to be about. you have a fucking new found glory contest on your site for fuck's sake. wake up. i can't imagine that anyone running anything for this "punk" extravaganza is older than 15, or ever been laid. it is exactly sites and people such as this and you that ruin the music "scene." how about you try to contribute and build, as opposed to ridicule and destroy? learn something about music before you painfully fail at reporting what's worthy. lick a thousand dicks.

This entire ordeal is hilarious.

HaveFunDying
09-13-2006, 06:46 PM
In their defense: Boobs > "Emo"

Unfortuantely, their music is actually trendier (Avenged Sevenfold for fucks sake) and worse than 95% of the bands they seem to be calling out.

InaGreendase
09-13-2006, 07:23 PM
This band's first album sounded like the Misfits. And we (I, actually) gave it 3/5. Dudes should chillax.

Skapunk
09-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by InaGreendase
This band's first album sounded like the Misfits. And we (I, actually) gave it 3/5. Dudes should chillax. Apparently what happened is a bunch of members left the band due to the singer or something, i have a feeling the former members wrote the majority of the first album.

RedScare
09-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Punknews has enough moronic users, I don't think we need people like this posting on there.

Plus, I think even a band as simple as Screeching Weasel is too complicated for these toolboxes.

Ohhhh, suuuure, now Screeching Weasel is getting dragged into this? You won't be happy til we all get blacklisted by B&O, will you?!?!

I'm kidding, but it should be noted that Screeching Weasel is more relevent, better, and more "complicated" (well, lyrically) than 99% of the music people are into nowadays.

Anchors
09-15-2006, 12:47 AM
New Found Glory is roughly 3 million times better than this shitpile of a band.

BNO
09-15-2006, 01:58 AM
Seriously, New Found Glory is punk as fuck.

I'm not being facetious either, they aren't playing punk tunes but dudes been around longer than a motherfucker. Do what they want.

fuck this cock rock band, ahhhhhh I'm too drunk to be posting everyting is coming out harsh.

MikeM
09-15-2006, 09:49 AM
What's wrong with Screeching Weasel?

I still have no idea who this band is, but they sound pretty terrible.

kirbypuckett
09-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Nothing is wrong w/ Screeching Weasel, they're a great band.

kirbypuckett
09-15-2006, 03:54 PM
I apologize to the punknews crowd for 'bringing' you guys into this.

I'm done w/ it, I posted some comments from their fans on my blog and I'm leaving it at that.

I thought it was funny (and boy is it), now I'm gonna let it die out.

Kinda lame they're still agitating scott though...really shows how mature they are.

InaGreendase
09-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Seriously, New Found Glory was punk as fuck...

...prior to the shitpile they're releasing on Tuesday.

HaveFunDying
09-15-2006, 07:16 PM
...prior to the shitpile they're releasing on Tuesday.

So you didn't hear Catalyst?

InaGreendase
09-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by HaveFunDying
So you didn't hear Catalyst?

It is impossible to call that album bad because of "Intro."

HaveFunDying
09-15-2006, 08:40 PM
It is impossible to call that album bad because of "Intro."

Serious LOLing going on here. You are joking.... right?!?

BNO
09-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by HaveFunDying
Serious LOLing going on here. You are joking.... right?!?

Dude, your opinion isn't absolute. If he liked it he liked it, you didn't.

If its not 90s alternative you probably don't like it, I get that.

HaveFunDying
09-15-2006, 09:38 PM
If its not 90s alternative you probably don't like it, I get that.

While "90's Alternative" is admittedly the most recent musical movement I enjoyed, I'm pretty big on on the late 70's and the 50's and 60's too. The 80's weren't too bad either, although the current resurrection is unbearable. The 00's just aren't cutting the mustard. This all of course is IMO, but this is a message board, so I don't really feel compelled to put the "IMO" disclaimer on everything I say.

But I honestly did think he was joking (are you sure he wasn't?). That's such an irony-filled Hot Topic anthem.