PDA

View Full Version : New Senses Fail Song

jordan pastepunk
09-01-2006, 04:49 PM
http://www.myspace.com/sensesfail

Weird. This totally sounds like a rip-off Taking Back Sunday, circa four years ago...

jordan pastepunk
09-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Awwww... did the baby bear get a tack stuck in its paw?

Anchors
09-01-2006, 05:21 PM
I can't wait to come home tonight and read Richard's dissertation on that awesome zing.

Big_Guy
09-01-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't really see anything wrong with that song. then again, I have a terrible taste in musics

CoreyPastepunk
09-01-2006, 05:54 PM
I agree with Jordan completely about the TBS comparison but I have to think that this song is ten times better than anything on their last album.

In other "new song" news, the new He Is Legend song is such a departure from their last disc. I seriously think those guys have changed their direction completely to biker-inspired/nu-metalish rock n' roll and I just can't get into it.

Big_Guy
09-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by CoreyAcclaimed
I agree with Jordan completely about the TBS comparison but I have to think that this song is ten times better than anything on their last album.

In other "new song" news, the new He Is Legend song is such a departure from their last disc. I seriously think those guys have changed their direction completely to biker-inspired/nu-metalish rock n' roll and I just can't get into it. yeah man, that new HIL song isn't very great IMO. I loved everything about I Am Hollywood and I think everything they could have changed about their sound, they did. His voice is nowhere near as good as on IAH.

tis a shame

JimmysTangoMethod
09-01-2006, 06:01 PM
speaking of biker inspired/nu-metal ish..

can we have a huge discussion on how shitty 18 visions is?

lokithelion
09-01-2006, 06:24 PM

In other "new song" news, the new He Is Legend song is such a departure from their last disc. I seriously think those guys have changed their direction completely to biker-inspired/nu-metalish rock n' roll and I just can't get into it.

I don't see the nu-metal but they're sure getting into biker rock. Also this is going to be the first tooth and nail album with a MASSIVE drug influence.

CoreyPastepunk
09-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by lokithelion
this is going to be the first tooth and nail album with a MASSIVE drug influence.

Is that a documented fact cause that'd be kind of crazy considering where a lot of T&N artists come from...

Christopher
09-01-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't see the nu-metal but they're sure getting into biker rock. Also this is going to be the first tooth and nail album with a MASSIVE drug influence.

drugs and god go hand in hand.

ebullientsoul
09-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Christopher
drugs and god go hand in hand.
Just ask Whitman.

Big_Guy
09-01-2006, 07:02 PM
is this the band that covers a Lifetime song?

I remember there was a band like this that covered Lifetime. I really want to hear it

lokithelion
09-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Is that a documented fact cause that'd be kind of crazy considering where a lot of T&N artists come from...

Well first off the band isn't down w/ J-E-S-U-S. But second if you look at the singers myspace there are photos of him and a pot pipe. Oh and the first single has Mushroom in the title

rawrchadrawr
09-01-2006, 09:28 PM
senses fail has improved greatly on the new record, but its still not good.

Christopher
09-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Well first off the band isn't down w/ J-E-S-U-S. But second if you look at the singers myspace there are photos of him and a pot pipe. Oh and the first single has Mushroom in the title

I Am Hollywood actually had a pretty significant drug influence.

lokithelion
09-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Christopher
I Am Hollywood actually had a pretty significant drug influence.

Word, but what I've heard from this one it's 100 times more over the top.

ConzoTheLegacy
09-02-2006, 08:48 AM
I classify this song as a "generic emo song"

InaGreendase
09-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by jordan pastepunk
http://www.myspace.com/sensesfail

Weird. This totally sounds like a rip-off Taking Back Sunday, circa four years ago...

Here's the thing: a ton of people were saying the same thing about Let It Enfold You.

Originally posted by Big_Guy
is this the band that covers a Lifetime song?

I remember there was a band like this that covered Lifetime. I really want to hear it

You're thinking of Silverstein, who covered "Rodeo Clown" (I think?) on one of their last tours.

They also planned on including either a studio or live version on their upcoming reissue, but supposedly Tony Victory nixed it. But then, a recent ad in AP said it has the track, so I have no idea what's going on with it now.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by InaGreendase
You're thinking of Silverstein, who covered "Rodeo Clown" (I think?) on one of their last tours.

They also planned on including either a studio or live version on their upcoming reissue, but supposedly Tony Victory nixed it. But then, a recent ad in AP said it has the track, so I have no idea what's going on with it now.

They've been occasionally covering "Rodeo Clown" for going on two years now. It was originally supposed to be on their rarities CD that came out this past May, but instead is being included with their upcoming reissue.

And speaking of Lifetime covers, the Lifetime tribute record that Photo Finish Records was supposed to be putting ot (and a bunch of bands, including Rise Against and Armor For Sleep, already recorded for) ain't coming out anymore.

ebullientsoul
09-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
And speaking of Lifetime covers, the Lifetime tribute record that Photo Finish Records was supposed to be putting ot (and a bunch of bands, including Rise Against and Armor For Sleep, already recorded for) ain't coming out anymore.

Why isn't it coming out anymore?

mikeyj
09-03-2006, 05:31 PM
I've got a copy of Counterfit's cover of Ferret sitting around somewhere.

BNO
09-03-2006, 09:59 PM
I didn't think Let it Enfold You sounded anything like Taking Back Sunday. Same genre yeah, but I didn't hear it.