PDA

View Full Version : VMAs

ConzoTheLegacy
08-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Anyone watch it? Jack Black is such a horrible host, but it's awesome.

The All American Rejects were funny to watch drunk on stage when they got their award.

HaveFunDying
08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah, because acting like a frat boy is just hilarious. Given the fact that all their fans are age 8-11, it was a pretty inapproriate thing to do. No surprise though, because Tyson is a complete idiot.

The real story is when did Jared Leto start looking like Davey Havok?

rawrchadrawr
08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by HaveFunDying
because Tyson is a complete idiot.

wrong, dude rules.

HaveFunDying
08-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Yuck, I would hang out with Avenged Sevenfold before I hung out with The All-American Rejects. I didn't realize how ripped that singer was. I bet he went backstage and beat up all the "faggots" and black people after their acceptance speech.

As much as I hate their music, Panic! at the Disco was fairly competent live. Maybe Fallout Boy will see that and go, "hey, if we don't jump around like complete fucktards, we will maybe be able to play/sing some of the notes that are actually in our songs."

lokithelion
08-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Whats with the hate for AAR? Dudes write good pop music.

HaveFunDying
08-31-2006, 09:29 PM
"Dirty Little Secret" was a guilty pleasure, but "Move Along" makes me want to take ice picks to my ear drums. And the video where he basically cries for 3 minutes is just tooooo much. But mostly, I was just making fun of what a huge dork Tyson is, and how every single interview and clip I've seen of him have made me think he's an idiot. For example, saying "I'm so trashed" on television is such a total frat boy uncool thing to do. Maybe he's cool off the record/camera. I wouldn't know.

HaveFunDying
08-31-2006, 09:31 PM
For anyone who watched this, did it look like Tom Delonge was about to cry to anyone else when Avenged Sevenfold won over AVA.

rawrchadrawr
08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
move along is an amazing single.

ConzoTheLegacy
08-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah, AAR is one of the overplayed bands thats I can still tolerate. I dig that song Move Along a lot.

Big_Guy
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
that Tyson guy gets a thumbs up from me. I saw AAR on TRL the other day and he was acting like a drunken fool. It was awesome. or maybe that's just how he acts. either way, he's pretty cool, just makes annoying music

ConzoTheLegacy
08-31-2006, 09:42 PM
As much as I hate their music, Panic! at the Disco was fairly competent live. Maybe Fallout Boy will see that and go, "hey, if we don't jump around like complete fucktards, we will maybe be able to play/sing some of the notes that are actually in our songs."

How can you like P!ATD more than AAR

HaveFunDying
08-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
How can you like P!ATD more than AAR

I don't musically. AAR has written several songs that I dig (just not "Move Along"). Panic has written zero. Tyson's persona just rubs me the wrong way.

InaGreendase
08-31-2006, 09:44 PM
"Dirty Little Secret" was a guilty pleasure, but "Move Along" makes me want to take ice picks to my ear drums.

Weird, take these opinions, reverse, and that's me.

HaveFunDying
08-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by InaGreendase
Weird, take these opinions, reverse, and that's me.

Maybe it's because of the music video association. I fucking hate that music video face people use where it looks like they are crying for the "emotional" parts of shallow pop songs, and Tyson makes that face for the duration of the "Move Along" video.

ModernDrunk
08-31-2006, 11:30 PM
I caught some of the VMAs and was happily suprised as to how blissfully ignorant I am to that entire culture.

stayouttamalibu
08-31-2006, 11:53 PM
move along is a great song, their drummer hits a bit weak though.

Big_Guy
09-01-2006, 12:08 AM
M. Shadows seems like a big jock as stated earlier in this thread and the other guys in the band seem like idiots. I hope that acceptance speech by the drummer was drunken rambling, because I didn't understand any of it.

Anchors
09-01-2006, 12:17 AM
"Frat boys" are the only people who are drunk, ever. It is fact.

HaveFunDying
09-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Anchors
"Frat boys" are the only people who are drunk, ever. It is fact.

"Boohoo, I paid to hang out with a bunch of assholes and can't take a little flak."

Anchors
09-01-2006, 12:35 AM
"Boohoo, I paid to hang out with a bunch of assholes and can't take a little flak."

There's a difference between some joking around, and obsession. You bring fraternities into the majority of insults that you make on here. I don't know what kind of Oklahoma douchebags shoved your head into a toilet freshman year, but it's really god damn annoying to come on this board every day and see a new ignorant
comment you made.

HaveFunDying
09-01-2006, 12:46 AM
The reason I make frat boy jokes so often is because it gets a guaranteed rise out of you (even though it doesn't apply to you), and I think it's funny because it's so silly. Can you not have a little sense of humor about your "brothers"? How seriously do you take your fraternity?

Like people have said before, it's completely possible to be in a frat but not be a frat boy. I have several friends who are in frats but aren't frat boys. I make fun of them for it to, but they just laugh and blow it off. Unless Tyson Ritter is in your fraternity (which wouldn't surprise me in the least), I don't see what you have to get worked up over.

robdobi
09-01-2006, 06:41 AM
i was actually kinda happy to see panic! win video of the year for the sole reason that it made shane drake's (the director) career just skyrocket. previously all he has done was FBR type bands. good for him.

i missed borat, hopefully it'll be on youtube soon.

the jackass guys looked like they were ready to beat the shit out of fall out boy.

and that new MCR song was HORRIBLE.

Anchors
09-01-2006, 08:05 AM
The reason I make frat boy jokes so often is because it gets a guaranteed rise out of you (even though it doesn't apply to you), and I think it's funny because it's so silly. Can you not have a little sense of humor about your "brothers"? How seriously do you take your fraternity?

Like people have said before, it's completely possible to be in a frat but not be a frat boy. I have several friends who are in frats but aren't frat boys. I make fun of them for it to, but they just laugh and blow it off. Unless Tyson Ritter is in your fraternity (which wouldn't surprise me in the least), I don't see what you have to get worked up over.

I was drunk when I posted that, so, that's not how I normally would react.

Regardless, posting something just to get a reaction out of people is immature as hell. Two or three times, whatever, but you do it allll the time. Do you seriously get that much of a kick out of it?

And to answer about taking my frat seriously, it depends on the situation. In regards to people joking on it, when my friends do it, that's fine. A lot of my friends at hardcore shows give me shit for it, but that's just it, they're my friends. You're some guy on a message board. A broken record at that.

Fuzzy
09-01-2006, 08:31 AM
I was drunk when I posted that, so, that's not how I normally would react. That's mildly ironical.

But yeah, the obsession with fraternities is kind of...weird.

Anchors
09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Fuzzy
That's mildly ironical.

But yeah, the obsession with fraternities is kind of...weird.

Too bad I wasn't mid date-rape, now that would have been ironicalious.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-01-2006, 08:52 AM
I was drunk when I posted that, so, that's not how I normally would react.

Regardless, posting something just to get a reaction out of people is immature as hell. Two or three times, whatever, but you do it allll the time. Do you seriously get that much of a kick out of it?

And to answer about taking my frat seriously, it depends on the situation. In regards to people joking on it, when my friends do it, that's fine. A lot of my friends at hardcore shows give me shit for it, but that's just it, they're my friends. You're some guy on a message board. A broken record at that.

Did you ever stop to think that if you stopped flaring up every time he made a crack, he'd stop making said cracks?

PS - Completely off-topic, but email me when you have a sec, Jordan -- I have a question for you (heisel at altpress dot com).

HaveFunDying
09-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
Did you ever stop to think that if you stopped flaring up every time he made a crack, he'd stop making said cracks?

Dude's got a point.

Anchors
09-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Dude's got a point.

As I said, I was drunk when I responded.

But, answer my question, do you seriously get off on making fraternity jokes and getting some dude you don't even know to respond to them? Sick life.

HaveFunDying
09-01-2006, 11:12 AM
As I said, I was drunk when I responded.

But, answer my question, do you seriously get off on making fraternity jokes and getting some dude you don't even know to respond to them? Sick life.

I spend 20 to 25 minutes a day here, tops. It's hardly my life. And it's not like I have to put more than a second's thought into it, because you make it so easy.

I'd be willing to bet you spend more time in a week hanging out with your frat brothers and doing secret handshakes then I do posting on this board.

Anchors
09-01-2006, 12:15 PM
I spend 20 to 25 minutes a day here, tops. It's hardly my life. And it's not like I have to put more than a second's thought into it, because you make it so easy.

I'd be willing to bet you spend more time in a week hanging out with your frat brothers and doing secret handshakes then I do posting on this board.

Yeah, I sure do spend more than 25 minutes a day hanging out with my friends.

And regardless of how long it takes you, be it 3 seconds or 3 hours, you are still epitomizing douchebaggery by going out of your way to get a reaction of somebody on a message board. Spin it any way you want buddy, but it looks pathetic on your part.

HaveFunDying
09-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I sure do spend more than 25 minutes a day hanging out with my friends.

And regardless of how long it takes you, be it 3 seconds or 3 hours, you are still epitomizing douchebaggery by going out of your way to get a reaction of somebody on a message board. Spin it any way you want buddy, but it looks pathetic on your part.

I just hope it doesn't affect my 2006 campaign for most popular person in the universe. I REALLLLY want to win.

Not enough to pay for people's acceptance though.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
09-01-2006, 05:34 PM
I just hope it doesn't affect my 2006 campaign for most popular person in the universe. I REALLLLY want to win.

Not enough to pay for people's acceptance though.

FOREHAND SMASH!

http://www.roger-federer.org/pictures/roland%20garros/roger%20federer%20smash.jpg

CoreyPastepunk
09-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I thought the opening with Jack Black would have been good but it sucked really bad. Other than that, it just took my by surprise that Panic won best video of the year over artists that I thought were ten times bigger than PATD. I guess they have definitely outgrown the band that made them.

ebullientsoul
09-01-2006, 05:53 PM

Jordan,

I'm fairly sure they do it to rib you. Much like some dudes at my school call me Emo James for the fact the second semester I was despondent it seemed like all the goddamn time.

Take it in stride.

As for on-topic, I haven't watched the VMAs in a while.