PDA

View Full Version : When Did SAMIAM Start Sounding Like HOT WATER MUSIC?


jordan pastepunk
08-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Anyone else heard Whatever's Got You Down yet? Jason sounds like he sung all the songs with a pine cone shoved down his throat...

ConzoTheLegacy
08-30-2006, 06:09 PM
So is that bad?

Christopher
08-30-2006, 06:14 PM
I haven't gotten a full listen in, but it's not BAD, it's just not what you expect from Samiam.

Skapunk
08-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Tracks 1-3 are unbearable, the rest are decent, nothin compared to them in their heyday.

Token_Black
08-30-2006, 07:42 PM
It should say something that these guys have outlasted two of the major bands that they've influenced (HWM and BSF). Still, this album is pretty hit or miss and the vocals are pretty odd.

Big_Guy
08-30-2006, 08:17 PM
absolutely fucking terrible production/mixing on this. what were they thinking?

ModernDrunk
08-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Again I have never listened to a full length by these fellas. Start me off somewhere Muppers.

Mikey216
08-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by ModernDrunk
Again I have never listened to a full length by these fellas. Start me off somewhere Muppers.

I would say Clumsy is thier best, but that is me.

Christopher
08-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ModernDrunk
Again I have never listened to a full length by these fellas. Start me off somewhere Muppers.

You Are Freaking Me Out is my favorite.

Big_Guy
08-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Christopher
You Are Freaking Me Out is my favorite. mine also, but Astray is not far behind.

jordan pastepunk
08-31-2006, 06:55 AM
absolutely fucking terrible production/mixing on this. what were they thinking?

I would take a step back and broaden your view of the production/mixing before writing it off so hastily. They went with a very warm, live feel. The drums have a very organic sound and the guitars have zero polish. There are tons of bands who, if they had a choice, would kill for something sounding this fresh rather than being told their music must be compressed into a 'tasty nugget' so it sounds loud...

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
08-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by jordan pastepunk
I would take a step back and broaden your view of the production/mixing before writing it off so hastily. They went with a very warm, live feel. The drums have a very organic sound and the guitars have zero polish. There are tons of bands who, if they had a choice, would kill for something sounding this fresh rather than being told their music must be compressed into a 'tasty nugget' so it sounds loud...

www.pastepunk.com - giving good reviews to bad reviews at a ratio of 5:1

Big_Guy
08-31-2006, 08:46 AM
there are raw recordings that sound good though. take all of J. Robbins recordings. they are very organic, but you can hear everything and everything sounds great.

I can't say the same about this.

lokithelion
08-31-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty sure all of you minus Jordan listened to a different record. It's not flawless but damn its good.

Christopher
08-31-2006, 03:57 PM
this cd is going to grow on me like crazy, I just know it.

The production is rough in a good way.

Big_Guy
08-31-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by lokithelion
I'm pretty sure all of you minus Jordan listened to a different record. It's not flawless but damn its good. there's no question that it's good, I'm just not too fond of the production