PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorne Heights redux


sethprogression
08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
So, it seems like Hawthorne Heights is going down in flames (relatively speaking).

Hawthorne Heights - If Only You Were Lonely: 2,014 (406,191)

At this rate, it will take 4 years for the new album to sell as many as their debut (800K)

Christopher
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
not trying to be a dick, man, but who cares?

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
08-30-2006, 12:37 PM
You can't really declare it dead until after the Nintendo Fusion Tour. That's gonna be the make-or-break thing for the record. I just wonder what Victory's gonna do to promote it, since the band's suing them and all. Was there ever even a second single/video?

iamthekiller
08-30-2006, 01:25 PM
I concur with Christopher.

I do not care.

BARONE
08-30-2006, 01:27 PM
it's at the point where people have used up all their hatred on this band and have found new outlets such as Cute Is What We Aim For to bitch about.

MikeM
08-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Yea, there's always gonna be a band to come around that will make the current focus of hatred seem not so bad.

I'd hate to see who out-sucks Cute Is What We Aim For though.

ebullientsoul
08-30-2006, 02:51 PM
I remember seeing this in Virgin Records.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/ebullientsoul/4ec22757.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/ebullientsoul/114b4371.jpg

aaaa
08-30-2006, 03:08 PM
were you stealing it ?

anyway i think 400k copies is still a ton ! and don't forget they sold those only in the US because here in Europe they're basically not liked or unknown ( maybe except UK ) .

HaveFunDying
08-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Simple Plan > Fallout Boy > Cute Is What We Aim For > Hello Goodbye > Hawthorne Heights

Sorry, it just doesn't get any worse than Hawthorne Heights.

Big_Guy
08-30-2006, 04:18 PM
eh, might as well

Fall Out Boy>>>>>>>Simple Plan>>>Hello Goodbye>>>>>>>Hawthorne Heights>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cute Is What We Aim For

HaveFunDying
08-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Fallout Boy does not get NEARLY enough shit. Every single local band I've ever seen have been made up of more competent musicians/singers.

Big_Guy
08-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by HaveFunDying
Fallout Boy does not get NEARLY enough shit. Every single local band I've ever seen have been made up of more competent musicians/singers. my judgements are based soley on recorded performance. the Fall Out Boy dude has a good voice and their songs are catchy. they do suck live from what I've seen on videos and Conan.

Anchors
08-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Big_Guy
eh, might as well

Fall Out Boy>>>>>>>Simple Plan>>>Hello Goodbye>>>>>>>Hawthorne Heights>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cute Is What We Aim For

I've said it once and I'll say it again, CIWWEF is the worst fucking band I have ever heard in my entire god damn life.

Big_Guy
08-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Anchors
I've said it once and I'll say it again, CIWWEF is the worst fucking band I have ever heard in my entire god damn life. agreed x10

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
08-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Anchors
I've said it once and I'll say it again, CIWWEF is the worst fucking band I have ever heard in my entire god damn life.

What about:

Snowdogs?
The Hurt Process?
The Higher?
A Change Of Pace?
Last Of The Famous?
JamisonParker?
Madball?

Anchors
08-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
What about:

Snowdogs?
The Hurt Process?
The Higher?
A Change Of Pace?
Last Of The Famous?
JamisonParker?
Madball?

Ive only heard 4 of the 7, and they're all miles ahead of CIWWAF.

Big_Guy
08-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
What about:

Snowdogs?
The Hurt Process?
The Higher?
A Change Of Pace?
Last Of The Famous?
JamisonParker?
Madball? Last Of The Famous is pretty terrible which is sad since John Porcelly is in it

MikeM
08-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Hmmm...you could make a case with JamisonParker.

I guess I would also say a band like Skrewdriver is worse out of principal.

InaGreendase
08-30-2006, 08:05 PM
In relative terms, Last of the Famous is the worst band in existence considering their lineage.

Big_Guy
08-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by InaGreendase
In relative terms, Last of the Famous is the worst band in existence considering their lineage. who is in it besides Porcell and old drummer of Piebald?

I just think that one song is fucking terrible, the other stuff on their myspace isn't CIWWAF bad, just bad

Fuzzy
09-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Christopher
not trying to be a dick, man, but who cares?
Totally agree with this.

stayouttamalibu
09-01-2006, 12:11 PM
dude madball cant be on a list of worst bands ever.

BARONE
09-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by stayouttamalibu
dude madball cant be on a list of worst bands ever.
Seriously. Meatheaded? Maybe. Worst band ever? nah. If that's you're criteria for bad hardcore bands then there is much worse out there.

BNO
09-01-2006, 02:40 PM
What about the Berlin Project?

haha bitches.

robdobi
09-01-2006, 03:18 PM
i think the only band worse than CIWWAF is the scene aesthetic.

http://myspace.com/thesceneaesthetic

it sounds like a bunch of 15 year olds are sticking their dicks in my ear.

stayouttamalibu
09-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by XxBloodRedXx
Seriously. Meatheaded? Maybe. Worst band ever? nah. If that's you're criteria for bad hardcore bands then there is much worse out there.

yea totally. meatheaded as hell but who cares, they had some tough ass breakdowns.

InaGreendase
09-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Big_Guy
who is in it besides Porcell and old drummer of Piebald?

I just think that one song is fucking terrible, the other stuff on their myspace isn't CIWWAF bad, just bad

Their interpunk item info lists the following as ex-members:

Shelter, Youth Of Today, Gorilla Biscuits, Judge, Give Up The Ghost, Saves The Day

Skapunk
09-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by robdobi
i think the only band worse than CIWWAF is the scene aesthetic.

http://myspace.com/thesceneaesthetic

it sounds like a bunch of 15 year olds are sticking their dicks in my ear. Dude eargages are so big these days thats become a secret staple of underground scene culture.