PDA

View Full Version : why i hate metalheads

BARONE
08-29-2006, 01:26 PM
so i was posting on a philly forum earlier today about the new Lamb Of God record. I've never been a huge fan of this band to begin with but as a pretty casual observer of metal I feel that i have discernable enough taste to throw in my 2 cents.

so this is what i said about the new lamb of god.

1. It's redneck garbage.
2. Musically, compared to their other material (Namely their crowning achievment as a band, New American Gospel) it is far less advanced.
3. There is absolutely zero punch to this record, it feels like im listening to a computer growl at me.
4. There is a fucking song titled "Redneck"
5. There is a lyric from said song that goes "THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKIN INVITATION"....yea sure.

I feel like i should be riding a dirtbike when i listen to this shit.

A couple replies later i get the resident metal head chiming in. (The singer of the philly metal band, The Divining if anyone is familiar, horrible horrible shit)

He says:
"Sacrament is their best cd no doubts about it and if they we're so good during the btp/gospel era how come they didnt get the same attention as they did for the last 3 records hmmmm maybe because this shit is 1000 times better than burn the priest that cd is just part for part and yea theyre all good parts but no structure and if you think its stupid for a metal band to have lyrics about gettin drunk,partying and being a redneck than obviously you dont like real metal suck my cock best band ever."

I rest my case.

I also had someone chime in saying "What's wrong with riding a dirtbike?"

BARONE
08-29-2006, 01:31 PM
i feel compelled to do a documentary about douche bags of metal and call it, DUDE! Where's My Jnco's?

monsterriffs
08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
i'm going to Jaxx to see Arsis tonight. I'm totally stoked for the show, but totally unstoked for all the greasy metalheads.

Nevertheless, I think Lamb of God kinda sucks. As The Palaces Burn was okay, and that song "Redneck" sounds completely defanged and nu-metally. That guy's argument was BS because it doesn't take into account major label marketing and/or slick production, which was obviously good enough to fool this simpleton.

lee
I have metal head friends and they are so much more awesome than alot of people.

monsterriffs
Originally posted by lee
I have metal head friends and they are so much more awesome than alot of people.

are they short hair or long hair metalheads? there's a difference.

Christopher
08-29-2006, 01:39 PM
I didn't know they still made jnco.

I'm right there with you on the lamb of god thing. trashy band for sure.

lee
08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
long and short but at one point all of them had long hair.

Here is a select few of them that are in a band called Tyranis

http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecomtyranis

aaaa
08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
i love metalheads. they're so sweet.

especially, metalhead girls are awesome.

lee
08-29-2006, 01:50 PM
depending on whether or not they shower and shave

lokithelion
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Is it homophobic to ask a homosexual to "suck your cock" as an insult? I mean the idea is it's supposed to be something your not into and therefore its degrading the person upon which you are heeping your scorn. However if the person who you are trying to piss off loves the meatstaff would've the propper insult be "eat my cooch?" Just wondering.

Also the new Lamb of God is pretty lame. I loved the last one but this one feels like Drowning Pool with blast beats.

jordan pastepunk
08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
If Lamb of God left off "Redneck" and the song right after it, the new one would be crankin', but those two songs just leave a real sour taste. Sadly, I'm sure they'll become the band's two most popular songs...

Big_Guy
08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
lamb of god is kinda talented, but they are the most boring metal band I have ever heard.

I can't sit through more than 2 of their songs in a row

I like the Divining, sucks the guy's a douche

monsterriffs
08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Big_Guy
lamb of god is kinda talented, but they are the most boring metal band live I have ever seen.

haha, glad we agree!

BNO
08-29-2006, 02:51 PM
I hate when people make general sweeping comments about a group of people.

John
08-29-2006, 05:33 PM
pretty funny, but you could get an asinine response like this from any fanboy, regardless of the genre.

ModernDrunk
08-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Ass Cobra
I hate when people make general sweeping comments about a group of people.

Yep. I was having this conversation last night with my roommate. He made a comment about homeless people in Boulder (someone was in close proximity with him) and how they are worse than other places because they actually talk to you rather than just hold a sign. I was drunk on a lot of red wine and ranted for a good while, since I come in contact with these people everyday because of my job. Some are fucked up (drugs or mentally) but others are just down on their luck.

Metalheads are the same. Some cool, some idiotic.

Christopher
08-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Richard
All my best friends are metalheads...

There, now you can close the thread.

nice

PH
08-30-2006, 12:33 AM
i just love getting my eyes sliced by some metalhead's hair as he swings it around at metal shows.

HaveFunDying
08-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Well, what is wrong with riding a dirt bike?

JayG7582
08-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Alright, being myself a "metalhead" I decided to throw my own 2 cents in.

Like somebody said above me, any genre of music has some complete dumbasses for fans. As for metal, alot of them just happen to be elitists as well.

As for the new lamb of god album, it's alright. I've been a huge fan of them for years, and this album just doesn't really wow me. For the people who wonder what there is to like about this band, for me it's about the riffs - they've developed a very distinct style which I dig, the drumming - sure he uses a crapload of double bass but his fills and cymbal work are fantastic, and I know it's definitely an acquired taste but Randy has some beastly vocals.

Anyways, I'm far more impressed with Mastodon's latest album than Sacrament.

monsterriffs
08-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by JayG7582

i'm stok-diddly-oked for that record. Just watching the drum tracking video alone on their website made me start salivating in anticipation.

Christopher
08-30-2006, 02:44 PM

I'm pretty sure the worst mastodon album should impress more than the best lamb of god.

JayG7582
08-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Christopher
I'm pretty sure the worst mastodon album should impress more than the best lamb of god.

For me it depends on the mood I'm in.

Originally posted by bethesdacore
i'm stok-diddly-oked for that record. Just watching the drum tracking video alone on their website made me start salivating in anticipation.

check out their myspace page ( www.myspace.com/mastodon ) for 2 new delicious tracks.

infinityplus2
08-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah, Sacrament is a little lacking...no total stand-out tracks like from the last 2 records...I think my favorite style of theirs is circa As The Palaces Burn.

I think Burn The Priest/New American Gospel stuff SUCKS.

Big_Guy
08-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Christopher

John
08-31-2006, 04:19 PM

I take it the name JayG7581 was already taken?

ModernDrunk
08-31-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm kinda concerned that there were metalheads lurking on the forum this entire time. What other threads will bring lurkers out of the woodwork?