PDA

View Full Version : Emo- Playlist-10 song limit


BNO
08-28-2006, 01:49 PM
1. Thursday-Cross Out the Eyes
2. Hey Mercedes-Haven't Been this Happy
3. Get up Kids-Holiday
4. Saves the Day-Cars and Calories
5. Juliana Theory-If I told you this was kiling me, would you stop?
6. Taking Back Sunday- Twolves at New Jersey
7. Weezer-The World Has Turned
8. Alkaline Trio-My Little Needle
9. Anniversary- The D in Detroit
10. Brand New-Seventy Times Seven

And make em sweet!

Big_Guy
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't really know what is classified as emo

Christopher
08-28-2006, 01:58 PM
anything with whiny vocals and "heartfelt" lyrics seems to qualify these days.

BNO
08-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Big_Guy
I don't really know what is classified as emo

This isn't a 400 level class. No right or wrong answers, just whatever you think emo is dude.

Christopher
08-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Ass Cobra
This isn't a 400 level class. No right or wrong answers, just whatever you think emo is dude.

as good an answer as any, I guess.

HaveFunDying
08-28-2006, 02:02 PM
1 - 9. The Purple Rain Album
10. "Raspberry Berret"

Christopher
08-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by HaveFunDying
1 - 9. The Purple Rain Album
10. "Raspberry Berret"

you're inching closer and closer to Richard-esque predictability. I mean that in the friendliest way possible.

BNO
08-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I'll take my 10 pack of emo's over any playlist in that hardcore thread.

Fuzzy
08-28-2006, 02:17 PM
1. Embrace - Give Me Back
2. Embrace - Dance of Days
3. Embrace - Building
4. Embrace - Past
5. Embrace - Spoke
6. Embrace - Do Not Consider Yourself Free
7. Embrace - No More Pain
8. Embrace - I Wish I
9. Embrace - Said Gun
10. Embrace - Can't Forgive
11. Embrace - Money
12. Embrace - If I Never Thought About It
13. Embrace - End of A Year
14. Embrace - Last Song

Big_Guy
08-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Embrace and Rites Of Spring are the only emo bands LOL

Christopher
08-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Ass Cobra
I'll take my 10 pack of emo's over any playlist in that hardcore thread.

that's because you're just so eeeeemoooo.

HaveFunDying
08-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Christopher
you're inching closer and closer to Richard-esque predictability. I mean that in the friendliest way possible.

Yeah, but at least I keep my shitty jokes short and sweet. And it's not like Prince isn't the most talented person in the history of the world.

Big_Guy
08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by HaveFunDying
And it's not like Prince isn't the most talented person in the history of the world. I'd agree with you if it weren't for K-Fed

trinket
08-28-2006, 05:44 PM
alkaline trio - '97
anniversary - d in detroit
get up kids - forgive and forget
saves the day - sell my old clothes i'm off to heaven
braid - the new nathan detroits
jimmy eat world - blister
built to spill - car
knapsack - cold enough to break
modest mouse - third planet
promise ring - perfect lines


i think we do this like once a year.

HaveFunDying
08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Since we are both apparently stale, I'll trade you some Richard jokes for some HaveFunDying jokes. You can have that one about baseball and the ones with Scott being fat, and I'll take the one where you poke fun at a hardcore band via sarcasm. Deal?

monsterriffs
08-28-2006, 07:27 PM
i don't listen to a lot of "emo" anymore, but I'll still go with Sunny Day's "Diary" as pretty much anything that i'd put on an "emo" playlist.

MikeM
08-28-2006, 07:38 PM
I dunno, I've just accepted the fact that neither emo nor screamo mean what they used to anymore. It's a lazy journalist term anyways that doesn't mean anything. It's silly to be like "OH, SO YOU MUST BE A BIG RITES OF SPRING FAN!" when someone says they like emo.

ConzoTheLegacy
08-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I actually like Jacks Mannequin. Andrew Mcmahon is a decent songwriter.

Big_Guy
08-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by MikeM
I dunno, I've just accepted the fact that neither emo nor screamo mean what they used to anymore. It's a lazy journalist term anyways that doesn't mean anything. It's silly to be like "OH, SO YOU MUST BE A BIG RITES OF SPRING FAN!" when someone says they like emo. yeah, it honestly pisses me off that every time someone mentions a band that they consider emo, there is always that guy that states his expert opinion "that is not emo, Embrace and Rites Of Spring are real emo"

it's like "dude, I don't care, I'm gonna go listen to Stay What You Are now"

BNO
08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
What a shitty thread. Who cares about this emo!

BARONE
08-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Still Life:
1 Empty Cage
2 Truth
3 Walk Foundations
4 In Time
5 A Song About Love
6 Kill No More
7 Tomorrow Brings
8 Minute Falling
9 Sunrise Sunset
10 Burning Like the Bridges Behind Us

chunk
08-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Jets To Brazil's "Perfecting Loneliness"
Jimmy Eat World's "Clarity"

Thanks and goodnight.

dpg
08-29-2006, 02:59 AM
johnny cash - hurt
jets to brazil - sea anemone
built to spill - i would hurt a fly
envy - mystery and peace
park - conversations with emily
the lawrence arms - chapter 13
the weakerthans - history to the defeated
saves the day - firefly
blueline medic - scotch in the clown
elliott smith - twilight

ftw.

Big_Guy
08-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by dpg
elliott smith - twilight
this song almost makes me cry it's so good

brandon-punkrocks
08-29-2006, 03:27 PM
joni mitchell - blue
carole king - so far away
anniversary - the heart is a lonely hunter
alkaline trio - crawl
saves the day - from miles away
peter gabriel - in your eyes
the postal service - clark gabel
sleater kinney - good things
cat power - wild as the wind
azure ray - rise

i could go on for days.
adding lucero, weakerthans, braid, sunny day real estate, etc.

these were just the first that came to my head/i saw in itunes.

BNO
08-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by brandon-punkrocks
joni mitchell - blue
carole king - so far away
anniversary - the heart is a lonely hunter
alkaline trio - crawl
saves the day - from miles away
peter gabriel - in your eyes
the postal service - clark gabel
sleater kinney - good things
cat power - wild as the wind
azure ray - rise

i could go on for days.
adding lucero, weakerthans, braid, sunny day real estate, etc.

these were just the first that came to my head/i saw in itunes.

Heart is Lonely Hunter is fucking great. I can't believe this chick I was riding with dissed the Anniversary after listening to it one time.

youwinalemon
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
1-10. Jawbreaker - Condition Oakland

It's perfect! Completely perfect!

OR.

1. The Get Up Kids - Holiday
2. The Weakerthans - Watermark
3. Cursive - The Martyr
4. Hot Water Music - Turnstiles
5. The Promise Ring - Nothing Feels Good
6. The Smiths - This Is A Light That Never Goes Out
7. Mineral - Gloria
8. Elliott Smith - Waltz #2 (Xo)
9. Rites of Spring - Deeper Than Inside
10. Jawbreaker - Condition Oakland

Some huge stretchers there, but what are you gonna do?

Originally posted by brandon-punkrocks
sleater kinney - good things
So amazing.

ModernDrunk
08-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by youwinalemon
1-10. Jawbreaker - Ache

It's perfect! Completely perfect!

MikeM
08-30-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by youwinalemon
1-11. Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy

It's perfect! Completely perfect!

Fuzzy
09-01-2006, 09:00 AM
I was actually just being a douche on purpose. Stirring the pot, so to speak.