PDA

View Full Version : Conan O'Brien for the win!

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
08-27-2006, 06:23 PM
His Emmy opening/monologue were brilliant. I love this man. Is anyone else watching?

jordan pastepunk
08-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Doh... I missed this.. time to look for it on YouTube!

ConzoTheLegacy
08-27-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't care for the Emmys.

ModernDrunk
08-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
I don't care for the masturbatory antics of self-important celebrities.

sethprogression
08-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm watching. Conan is amazing tonight. Did you notice that almost all of the people" behind the scenes" (directors/producers/etc) are all men? I guess the glass ceiling is still in full effect.

fivewaysforward
08-28-2006, 10:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCOUgjECtI&eurl=

The opener

dpg
08-28-2006, 11:26 AM
i don't know what i hate more, listening to the celebrities' formulaic and embarrassing acceptance speeches or the fact that they always get shoo'd off the stage when the band kicks in after 20 seconds or whatever. the saddest part is that they're just being hurried along so the networks can show more ads.

allow me to soapbox a bit: why do we need awards ceremonies for music/movies/television AT ALL? it's 'art' isn't it? since when did it become about giving out subjective awards and acting like they are any kind of authority on how good something is? and yeah, seeing that many self-obsessed people in a room all trying to out-do each other is the worst.

Simulacra
08-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Awards shows are wack. Although, it was pretty cool when Fiona Apple got some award, & in her speech, proceeded to tell the audience that the whole shebang was bull$hit, that people shouldn't care about celebrity & celebrities, etc. I think she was viciously booed.

mikeyj
08-28-2006, 11:43 AM
conebone69!

John
08-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Conan was indeed awesome.

InaGreendase
08-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Simulacra
Awards shows are wack. Although, it was pretty cool when Fiona Apple got some award, & in her speech, proceeded to tell the audience that the whole shebang was bull$hit, that people shouldn't care about celebrity & celebrities, etc. I think she was viciously booed.

Now this I want to see youtubed.

sethprogression
08-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike-Lobster
conebone69!
Definitely one of the funnier moments.

Will Conan's hair get taller and taller as the years go on? Stop the insanity! I saw him on Charlie Rose the other night and the wave was at least a foot high.