PDA

View Full Version : i am getting into the descendents ...

aaaa
08-22-2006, 09:55 AM
...this summer i listened more to old bands than new ones and i found out i loooove the Descendents ! i know everything sucks and their fat albums. can anyone recommend me some older stuff ? also, anything by ALL would be appreciated too! thanks !

ebullientsoul
08-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Might I suggest Two Things At Once?

Oh: And if you haven't bought the ALL CD, buy it. It's got a Descendents live CD with it.

Fuzzy
08-22-2006, 10:22 AM
ALL - Mass Nerder is the only CD that you need.

RecordTheory
08-22-2006, 10:26 AM
MILO GOES TO COLLEGE!

Best descendents record by far.

P-Fresh
08-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Problematic and Mass Nerder are great ALL albums. Although I prefer the former out of the two.

Fuzzy
08-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by P-Fresh
Problematic and Mass Nerder are great ALL albums. Although I prefer the former out of the two.
Get the fuck out of my gene pool.

RecordTheory
08-22-2006, 10:59 AM
I agree with Fuzzy. Mass Nerder is where it's at.

dpassen1
08-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Milo Goes To College (included in Two Things At Once) and I Don't Want To Grow Up are my two favorite Descendents releases. Somery is a pretty good best of, as well.

RedScare
08-22-2006, 12:19 PM
The people on this board should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously. The man asks about the Descendents and you give him advice about ALL. That's like, "Is the Clash any good?", "Oh yeah, check out Big Audio Dynamite!"

"Milo Goes To College" and "I Don't Want To Grow Up" are pretty essential. "Somery" might be a good place to start too.

MikeM
08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
The people on this board should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously. The man asks about the Descendents and you give him adcive about ALL. That's like, "Is the Clash any good?", "Oh yeah, check out Big Audio Dynamite!"
Hahahahaha, seriously.

Everyone needs to own Milo Goes to College.

dpassen1
08-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by RedScare
The people on this board should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously. The man asks about the Descendents and you give him advice about ALL. That's like, "Is the Clash any good?", "Oh yeah, check out Big Audio Dynamite!"

"Milo Goes To College" and "I Don't Want To Grow Up" are pretty essential. "Somery" might be a good place to start too.
Hopefully, we got to him in time.

sethprogression
08-22-2006, 01:14 PM
For those that missed the post on indiehq.com about this, I though it was interesting that "Everything Sucks" was originally recorded as an ALL album with Chad singing and everything.

"Somery" is definitely a good intro.

Fuzzy
08-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by sethprogression
For those that missed the post on indiehq.com about this, I though it was interesting that "Everything Sucks" was originally recorded as an ALL album with Chad singing and everything.

"Somery" is definitely a good intro. Dude, we all have those mp3s.

Big_Guy
08-22-2006, 02:08 PM
you guys are stupid. Allroy's Revenge is the best ALL record.

I just hate that 80's reverb production

then followed by Mass Nerder.

I find Everything sucks to be the best Descendents record. Then of course Milo goes to College and I Don't Want To Grow Up.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
08-22-2006, 08:07 PM
ALL has one good song, and it's called "Shreen." I used to have it on 10" then stupidly sold it and have never been able to find the song since. Can anyone help?

BARONE
08-22-2006, 09:52 PM
ALL has a perpetually underlooked record called "Percolater". It's different but i love it.

aaaa
08-23-2006, 03:26 AM
thanks to all people :)

yes, i am getting INTO the Descendents. sexually .

Fuzzy
08-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
ALL has one good song, and it's called "Shreen." I used to have it on 10" then stupidly sold it and have never been able to find the song since. Can anyone help?
Scott, I have that 10" in San Francisco up on my shelf.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
08-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Fuzzy
Scott, I have that 10" in San Francisco up on my shelf.

How much do you want for it?

Fuzzy
08-23-2006, 07:56 AM
How much do you want for it? I'll figure it out when I'm back in SF.

I just spent nearly five hours sleeping on the floor of the Columbus, OH airport. My brain is not quite up to speed.

However, I did share a flight from Oakland to Vegas with the singer from Panic! At The Disco's little sister. And yes, I have her Myspace.

Fuzzy
08-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Or you could just buyitnow
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALL-Shreen-10-NEW_W0QQitemZ4886796939QQihZ003QQcategoryZ306QQssP ageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RedScare
08-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Fuzzy
I'll figure it out when I'm back in SF.

I just spent nearly five hours sleeping on the floor of the Columbus, OH airport. My brain is not quite up to speed.

However, I did share a flight from Oakland to Vegas with the singer from Panic! At The Disco's little sister. And yes, I have her Myspace.

Fuck off. Is she hot? Nevermind...

Nice signature, dude.

Skapunk
08-23-2006, 11:48 AM
weren't the descendents totally influenced by blink 182?

Dana_Holy_Schit
08-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Skapunk
weren't the descendents totally influenced by blink 182?

Yeah dude, Bill Stevenson totally ripped off Travis.....

Dana_Holy_Schit
08-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Best Descendents=Milo Goes To College
Best place to start=Somery
One to avoid until you've purchased everything else=Cool To Be You

Best ALL-Allroy's Revenge
Best place to start=ALL S/T
One to avoid until you've purchased everything else=Allroy Sez(even though I like it better than Problematic)

RecordTheory
08-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Dana_Holy_Schit

One to avoid until you've purchased everything else=Cool To Be You

I really like about half of Cool To Be You ('Merican, Nothing With You, Cool To Be You, Talking, Mass Nerder) but I really dislike the other half. This would have been a great EP methinks.

I can't remember which song it is, but the one with the line "they're gonna tell you that I'm not real" is one of the worst "punk" songs I've ever heard.

Dana_Holy_Schit
08-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by RecordTheory
I really like about half of Cool To Be You ('Merican, Nothing With You, Cool To Be You, Talking, Mass Nerder) but I really dislike the other half. This would have been a great EP methinks.

I can't remember which song it is, but the one with the line "they're gonna tell you that I'm not real" is one of the worst "punk" songs I've ever heard.

yeah I like about half as well, though the song you're talking about, "Maddie", has some insane time changes....

James
08-30-2006, 01:41 PM
i thought maddie was a good song. haters!

08-30-2006, 02:18 PM

Not only is that song one of the most annoying ALL songs of ALL time, but the best ALL songs are mostly on Pummel, and in most cases music and lyrics written by Bill.