PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Clarkson looking awesome and Ryan Key looking retarded wtih Metal Skool

monsterriffs
08-17-2006, 01:37 PM
enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4sJMcgeDe0

ConzoTheLegacy
08-17-2006, 01:57 PM
HOLY SHIT.

HaveFunDying
08-17-2006, 02:06 PM
So are they like... an item?

HaveFunDying
08-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Also, who is Metal Skool? Is it like a Sunset Strip cover band basically?

fivewaysforward
08-17-2006, 03:17 PM
I had only heard about it...words can't do it justice

JimmysTangoMethod
08-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I saw the Yellowcard dude two nights ago in Montreal. Everyone was annoying the shit out of him at the bar we were at, but he was with some girl that appeared to be his woman lady friend and they peaced out pretty fast

Christopher
08-17-2006, 04:45 PM
pretty entertaining

Big_Guy
08-17-2006, 06:53 PM
"I will fuck your skull"

monsterriffs
08-17-2006, 08:49 PM
it cracks me up how they were all about kelly and he followed her up there and they were like "and the lead singer of yellowcard!" but they couldn't give two shits who he was.

Barry
08-18-2006, 12:33 AM
probably because nobody gives a flyin shit about yellowcard anymore. It is pretty interesting how the lagwagon tour i was just on was outdrawing them and matchbook romance.

sethprogression
08-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Crazy. Ryan is a good singer but next to KC he sounded like crap. Does every town have a dozen 80s hair metal cover bands or what?

sethprogression
08-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Barry
probably because nobody gives a flyin shit about yellowcard anymore. It is pretty interesting how the lagwagon tour i was just on was outdrawing them and matchbook romance.

Who were you working for on that tour?

Skapunk
08-18-2006, 10:48 AM
probably because nobody gives a flyin shit about yellowcard anymore. It is pretty interesting how the lagwagon tour i was just on was outdrawing them and matchbook romance. I noticed that when I saw them at the avalon, that place was packed to the brim, I had no idea lagwagon was that popular.

Big_Guy
08-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Tony Hawk has magical powers

ConzoTheLegacy
08-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by sethprogression
Who were you working for on that tour?

He did AWS merch.

Fuzzy
08-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ConzoTheLegacy
He did AWS merch. Dude, tour manager.

stayouttamalibu
08-18-2006, 06:14 PM
she actually dragged him up with her, and no theyre not an item.

chunk
08-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by stayouttamalibu

Ryan, you have made Casey's year.

stayouttamalibu
08-19-2006, 03:12 PM
haha, good luck guy.

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
08-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by stayouttamalibu

Tell that to his roaming hands.

monsterriffs
08-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by iwilltotallyfuckyouup
Tell that to his roaming hands.

srsly.

RedScare
08-20-2006, 09:47 PM

Hearing that kinda stuff pisses me off. Lagwagon gets no love from press, yet we're made to think bands like Head Automatica are happenin'. They're on Fuse every fucking day, are they big?

Quilty
08-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by RedScare
Hearing that kinda stuff pisses me off. Lagwagon gets no love from press, yet we're made to think bands like Head Automatica are happenin'. They're on Fuse every fucking day, are they big?

DISCONNECT!

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
08-20-2006, 10:37 PM

I'm just gonna assume you implied "Alternative" before the word "press" in that above post, in which case I'd ask you to get out AP 209, where you'll find a 3-page feature on Lagwagon as well as a 4/5 review of Resolve. Yeah, Head Automatica was in our magazine (and on the cover) more recently, but that's just because their record is a lot newer than Lagwagon's.

Fuzzy
08-20-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm just gonna assume you implied "Alternative" before the word "press" in that above post, in which case I'd ask you to get out AP 209, where you'll find a 3-page feature on Lagwagon as well as a 4/5 review of Resolve. Yeah, Head Automatica was in our magazine (and on the cover) more recently, but that's just because their record is a lot newer than Lagwagon's.
No, he actually bitches about all of the press, not just AltPress.

That's when he's not passing out drunk in vans.

BNO
08-21-2006, 07:15 AM
No one should really actually believe that Head Automatica is happening or whatever.

Barry
08-21-2006, 12:26 PM

Wow, how narcissistic. I must have had a brainfart and completely forgot about Alternative Press being the ONLY magazine out there that covers "music."

Simulacra
08-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Wow, how narcissistic. I must have had a brainfart and completely forgot about Alternative Press being the ONLY magazine out there that covers "music."

HATER ALERT, CODE ORANGE

iwilltotallyfuckyouup
08-21-2006, 01:24 PM

Well, we're the only magazine out there currently that has Head Automatica on our cover, so it seemed pretty safe to put two and two together.

RedScare
08-21-2006, 04:33 PM

I see now that Head Automatica IS on the cover. Proof positive that they do get a shit-ton of publicity! I was talking about Fuse actually, I used to watch it at lunch but just had to stop.

True, AP did a story on Lagwagon, I remember.

No one will answer my queries about just how shitty Head Automatica is. Does anyone listen to them?

Barry
08-21-2006, 05:06 PM
I see now that Head Automatica IS on the cover. Proof positive that they do get a shit-ton of publicity! I was talking about Fuse actually, I used to watch it at lunch but just had to stop.

True, AP did a story on Lagwagon, I remember.

No one will answer my queries about just how shitty Head Automatica is. Does anyone listen to them?

To be completely honest Toby I enjoyed their first album. Their new one on the other hand is total garbage. I get a lot of satisfaction out of the fact that bands like The Bouncing Souls and Lagwagon can still pull kids after all these years, and a lot of these flavor of the month "scene" bands are popular for a year and end up having a really hard time making it. The whole phenomenon of a "one hit wonder" has really incorporated itself into independent music over the last few years, or to be more precise "one album wonder."

Dude Beer
08-21-2006, 05:15 PM
that video was pretty good. I love corny cover bands. Back in undergrad we used to get Super Tyrone to do parties, he is completely nuts: http://www.crescentmoontalent.com/corporate/Super_T.htm

Also, speaking of alt press, Scott can you get me the super duper MUP discount on a subscription? Or would it be better to use one of those student magazine websites?

jordan pastepunk
08-21-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm way into Popaganda... it's a far more complete album than Decadence and Daryl sounds great throughout. I can't say I've been paying much attention to the kind of press they've been getting but I don't think HA is the kind of band that's going to blow up... I think can have a nice steady career doing their thing though.

Big_Guy
08-21-2006, 06:26 PM
I'd rather Glassjaw just record another album

Russell
08-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Big_Guy
I'd rather Glassjaw just record another album

chunk
08-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I really enjoy Popaganda. I mean, Decadance definitely had a few songs that blow most of the new record out of water. Still, I skip around on the first record a lot. With Popaganda, I can listen to it from start to finish.

Yes, the record is sometimes cheesy, but it's still a great pop record. Daryl has made it clear that he doesn't want to release records that sound the same - he's done a good job. Nothing he's involved in sounds exactly the same.

John
08-21-2006, 08:16 PM
wasn't Daryl supposed to die at some point? Whatever happened to that?

RedScare
08-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by John

Publicity stunt. Evidently that shit pays off.

stayouttamalibu
08-22-2006, 02:42 PM

i fully laughed out loud at that just now by myself in the middle of a hotel room. nice work.

Big_Guy
08-22-2006, 03:07 PM
why does Ryan Key look retarded?

because he is in Yellowcard? I don't really understand that statement.

fábio
09-08-2006, 09:23 AM

the guy is the new Deicide.

rawrchadrawr
09-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Well, we're the only magazine out there currently that has Head Automatica on our cover, so it seemed pretty safe to put two and two together.

chord magazine does as well.