PDA

View Full Version : Entourage

BNO
08-13-2006, 09:32 PM
I like where this season is going. Vince trying to do The Ramones movie, just hearing the song during the show was sweet.

Ari has been killer this season.

Red Medicine
08-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Ugh, I find that show unbearably boring. Oh well, at least it's better than Lucky Louie...

The only comedy-oriented HBO program that ever grabbed me was Curb Your Enthusiasm - and even that one paled in comparison to Seinfeld.

I guess I prefer the more "conventional" mainstream sitcoms. Seinfeld and Frasier were my faves. I don't watch present-day sitcoms anymore; they all try to emulate the model set forth by Friends, which has to be the most overrated sitcom of all time.

Christopher
08-14-2006, 01:21 AM
get the fuck out of here with your hbo-hating.

Curb > Seinfeld

fuck a whole lot of jerry seinfeld.

Skapunk
08-14-2006, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Christopher
get the fuck out of here with your hbo-hating.

Curb > Seinfeld

fuck a whole lot of jerry seinfeld. I didnt want to be the one to have to say it.

Red Medicine
08-14-2006, 01:37 AM
The only thing I really, really like about HBO is their boxing coverage.

You're just trying to be hip by saying that Curb is better than Seinfeld. Seinfeld is one of the most decorated TV shows of all-time, with some truly memorable characters and events, whereas Curb is just a quirky glimpse in the life of Larry David, along with an entourage of "meh" people. Give me a fucking break.

Christopher
08-14-2006, 02:11 AM
I'm really not trying to be hip, or anything of the like.

The good seinfeld episodes and moments were diamonds in a sea of feces. I think that part of the reason Seinfeld never struck the right cord with me is because it's got a few different styles of humor throughout. The only one that ever appealed to me was (apparently) the stuff Larry David wrote, so when the dude wrote a show about himself... it all clicked.

HaveFunDying
08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Seinfeld is the greatest sitcom of all time.

ConzoTheLegacy
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Red Medicine

You're just trying to be hip by saying that Curb is better than Seinfeld. Seinfeld is one of the most decorated TV shows of all-time, with some truly memorable characters and events, whereas Curb is just a quirky glimpse in the life of Larry David, along with an entourage of "meh" people. Give me a fucking break.

you have a shitty taste in television

Fuzzy
08-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Entourage is fucking awesome.

irrationalfilms
08-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I like Entourage, but I think it would be way better if Vince and his three guido buddies didn't exist and the show was basically just all Ari all the time.

musical-monkey
08-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by irrationalfilms
I like Entourage, but I think it would be way better if Vince and his three guido buddies didn't exist and the show was basically just all Ari all the time.

I smell a spin-off!

I Rise Against I
08-14-2006, 12:28 PM
i wish they concentrated less on ari. what made him stand out the first season was the total of 5 minutes air-time he had. i think we're getting ari'd out. we need more drama and more E, less vince and more of turtle as a sidekick, nothing focusing on him.

both curb and seinfeld blew, but if one hit harder, its definitely curb. seinfeld was the Friends for the older crowd. Cookie-cutter and simply overloaded with monotony.

I will maintain that Arrested Development, as short-lived as it was, was the greatest sitcom of all-time.

irrationalfilms
08-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by I Rise Against I
seinfeld was the Friends for the older crowd.

what?

Fuzzy
08-14-2006, 02:54 PM
That's the dumbest statement I've read since "Dewey defeats Truman."

HaveFunDying
08-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by I Rise Against I
both curb and seinfeld blew, but if one hit harder, its definitely curb. seinfeld was the Friends for the older crowd. Cookie-cutter and simply overloaded with monotony.

I'm not one to judge the quality of a show by the ratings, but you can't look at the popularity of Seinfeld's last few years and say Curb "hit harder" with the American public. Friends is not anywhere near the Seinfeld level, but significantly funnier than Arrested Development. Not that AD is bad by any means, but it didn't do much for me.

I can totally understand how you would think Seinfeld was overrated, but if you think it was anything less than quality, you are sadly mistaken.

Edit: Oh shit, I just admitted to liking Friends.

Skapunk
08-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Seinfeld was genius, Curb Your Enthusiasm is pure awesome and genius. "Gaping"

Fuzzy
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
I like Friends a fair amount, but Arrested Development was far better than it.

Anchors
08-14-2006, 04:39 PM

You very well might be the worst poster on this board. I Rise Against is tugging at your heels with the uncomprehendable stupidity it took to try and shit on both Curb and Seinfeld, though.

BNO
08-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Ugh, I find that show unbearably boring. Oh well, at least it's better than Lucky Louie...

The only comedy-oriented HBO program that ever grabbed me was Curb Your Enthusiasm - and even that one paled in comparison to Seinfeld.

I guess I prefer the more "conventional" mainstream sitcoms. Seinfeld and Frasier were my faves. I don't watch present-day sitcoms anymore; they all try to emulate the model set forth by Friends, which has to be the most overrated sitcom of all time.

Lucky Louie is one of the few great new shows of the year. Its so offbeat and real its nuts. I love it, penises and all.

Red Medicine
08-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Anchors
You very well might be the worst poster on this board. I Rise Against is tugging at your heels with the uncomprehendable stupidity it took to try and shit on both Curb and Seinfeld, though.

Do you know how to read? Where the fuck did I diss Seinfeld? And of course I'd expect a hot-headed New York moron like you to make a grandiose statement such as that one.

Anchors
08-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Do you know how to read? Where the fuck did I diss Seinfeld? And of course I'd expect a hot-headed New York moron like you to make a grandiose statement such as that one.

Are you aware of how bad you just clowned yourself? I couldn't have scripted this better myself! But let me ask you a question;

Where did I say anything about you that pertains to Seinfeld? That very same reading comprehension you attempted to make fun of me for would have told you that what I in fact was doing, was actually giving I Rise Against shit for blasting Curb and Seinfeld.

Also, your cute little 'hot headed new yorker' assumption might be a little more valid if I lived in the city, which, is absolutely not the case. Unless, you were talking about those "hot headed Syracuse kids!" If only I had a nickel for every time I heard that!

Nice try, new jack.

I Rise Against I
08-15-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm just speaking the truth. I have found that you either love Seinfeld or you hate it, and I hate it. I have never found their jokes hysterical or funny or remotely clever. At least Curb made me laugh a little.

And you really can't expect an HBO show to have higher ratings than a network show, based on access alone. By hitting harder, I meant the jokes were more outrageous and remotely funny.

Shows like AD, in my opinion, were flat-out hysterical. If you can find yourself remember jokes from an episode hours after it happens, its definitely a keeper. The only reason the show didn't survive was because network audiences aren't smart enough to understand jokes that might use a brain cell or two.

But after all, its all opinions nowadays.

ebullientsoul
08-15-2006, 11:30 AM
I've got a mild distaste for both Curb and Seinfeld.

Skapunk
08-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Do you know how to read? Where the fuck did I diss Seinfeld? And of course I'd expect a hot-headed New York moron like you to make a grandiose statement such as that one. Honestly, you are the worst poster on the board.

BNO
08-20-2006, 09:29 PM
So Ari might get fired next week. Is this really a set up for a spin off?

Quilty
08-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Ass Cobra
So Ari might get fired next week. Is this really a set up for a spin off?

NO.

they'll tie all the loose ends up before the season's over.

monsterriffs
08-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Quilty
NO.

as usual.

irrationalfilms
08-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Yo the "wigger dialogue" in last night's episode was so stupid. What white comedy writer wrote that shit? Why do we want to watch guido fuck Turtle go with Vince to buy the ugliest sneakers ever?

Worst plotline ever.

BNO
08-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by irrationalfilms
Yo the "wigger dialogue" in last night's episode was so stupid. What white comedy writer wrote that shit? Why do we want to watch guido fuck Turtle go with Vince to buy the ugliest sneakers ever?

Worst plotline ever.

Are you kidding? There was a lot more going on than the sneaker thing.

And "wigger dialogue"? Have you seen Turtle or any of the scenes he's ever been in. And I wouldn't call it wigger dialogue more along the lines of slang, which both white and black people use.

MikeM
08-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Vince wasn't nearly ugly enough to play Joey Ramone anyways.

fivewaysforward
08-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Trump'd

BNO
08-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Quilty
NO.

Well you were definitely wrong.

Christopher
08-27-2006, 10:06 PM
nah, they'll fix it all before the finale (unless that was it)

BNO
08-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Christopher
nah, they'll fix it all before the finale (unless that was it)

That was it.

Biff-Pastepunk
08-28-2006, 03:05 AM
it's more dramatic to have the best at the end, so here come the "less thans"

note: i love all these shows to death...

entourage < lucky louie (although, i wait anxiously all week for entourage)
seinfeld < curb
arrested development < larry sanders show

best part about curb is that is really how larry david's life is. my friend jayna works for mtv and now shares a break room with hbo, and had a strange, yet typical and hilarious "curb" conversation with larry about how she was getting something from his cabinet.

it also should be noted that anything with jeremy piven, larry david, garry shandling, louie c.k., jim norton, or jeffrey tambor is sure to be golden.

also, star sighting for you celebrity whores (and you all are, admit it), kevin connolly was having a 4th meal with nikki hilton at norm's diner in LA the other night. i wonder if he took her somewhere else for a 5th meal...

BNO
08-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Luckie Louie is fucking great, for a first season to catch me like that right away, shiiit. Looked forward to that just as much as Entourage.

Red Medicine
08-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Ass Cobra
Luckie Louie is fucking great, for a first season to catch me like that right away, shiiit. Looked forward to that just as much as Entourage.

You must be on crack. If they dropped all the profanity, replaced the cast with actors who don't look like hoodlums, and transferred the show to NBC, you would hate it.

Seriously, this HBO-is-God fixation is ridiculous. Lucky Louie has to be the dumbest, least-funny show to make it on air since that Christina Applegate sitcom a few years back.

BNO
08-28-2006, 11:07 AM
You must be on crack. If they dropped all the profanity, replaced the cast with actors who don't look like hoodlums, and transferred the show to NBC, you would hate it.

Seriously, this HBO-is-God fixation is ridiculous. Lucky Louie has to be the dumbest, least-funny show to make it on air since that Christina Applegate sitcom a few years back.

But they do have profanity, the characters do look like hoodlums, and its 10 times funnier than the same ole run of the mill shit stains that are on network tv. Sorry but its true!

Also I'm not on crack, I'm on weed so if that makes a difference, there ya go!

dpg
08-28-2006, 11:19 AM
my girl is big into entourage, i liked the look of the previews i saw (it only started in australia last year), maybe i'll start watching it.

maybe i just don't 'get' curb your enthusiasm but i think seinfeld owns it in a big way.

as for friends...fuck me down if it isn't one of the least funny shows i have ever seen, it actually offends me that it was so popular, same goes for everybody loves raymond, that shit was wack, we're talking lowest common denominator slapstick trash right here.

MikeM
08-28-2006, 07:39 PM
The played the Libertines, nice. Does anyone know when the next season starts?

I still think Seinfeld is better than Curb. Lucky Louie was really lame when I saw it.

Biff-Pastepunk
08-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Seriously, this HBO-is-God fixation is ridiculous.

you're outta your head...HBO has been the best network on television for over 10 years. FX and USA are up there in the top 3, but it will take a lot to dethrone HBO.

BNO
08-29-2006, 07:40 PM
I never bought the hype on the HBO shows either, but when you actually watch them, you realize its quality.

And I can understand people not liking Curb, or Entourage, but I can't imagine anyone on THIS board not liking Lucky Louie. It just seems like "MUP" type show. I don't know but I can't say it enough how much I love Lucky Louie, can't wait for a season 2.

Anchors
08-29-2006, 07:51 PM
HBO puts out so much quality programming it's ridiculous;

Sopranos
Curb
Deadwood
Oz
Entourage

And plenty of others. The only cable station that can somewhat rival that is FX, with The Shield, Rescue Me, and Nip/Tuck.

mikeyj
08-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Carnivale was fucking amazing.

monsterriffs
08-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Anchors
HBO puts out so much quality programming it's ridiculous;

Sopranos
Curb
Deadwood
Oz
Entourage

Don't forget fuckin' ROME.

Christopher
08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by bethesdacore
Don't forget fuckin' ROME.

Rome somewhat surprised me by its excellence. Top notch show.

Red Medicine
08-29-2006, 11:30 PM
The best thing I've seen on HBO thus far in '06 is the Jermain Taylor/Winky Wright fight.

John
09-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Anyone watch the new episode last night? It was nice that they buried Medellin in a shallow grave. I was fearing that we'd have another season of "will they re-edit it and find distribution???" It was a little silly how quickly they went from Vince beach being over Hollywood and growing a sweet beard on the beaches of Mexico to him being clean-shaven, riding in the back of the hummer, and talking about the next project. Ah well, it's all back to normal, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I just hope they can throw in something fresh. Apparently Michael Phelps has a several-episode arc this season.

kevin
09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Anyone watch the new episode last night? It was nice that they buried Medellin in a shallow grave. I was fearing that we'd have another season of "will they re-edit it and find distribution???" It was a little silly how quickly they went from Vince beach being over Hollywood and growing a sweet beard on the beaches of Mexico to him being clean-shaven, riding in the back of the hummer, and talking about the next project. Ah well, it's all back to normal, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I just hope they can throw in something fresh. Apparently Michael Phelps has a several-episode arc this season.

i thought the new episode was pretty decent. i thought they might go in the direction of having drama be closer to the A-list than vince for a while, which I guess could still happen - it's what i'm hoping for anyway... every season seems to start with vince in some sort of peril, which is then resolved within like half and episode.

BNO
09-08-2008, 04:39 PM
i thought the new episode was pretty decent. i thought they might go in the direction of having drama be closer to the A-list than vince for a while, which I guess could still happen - it's what i'm hoping for anyway... every season seems to start with vince in some sort of peril, which is then resolved within like half and episode.

Not trying to knock, but it seems like this show is damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they resolve something in a half hour, people say its rushed and cheap. If they spend a lot of time on something(such as Medellin) people bitch that they drag stuff out.

My thoughts:

- This episode set up a great arc for season 5. Vince's comeback! We have never seen him really have to fight too hard, so I think this will be a cool change up. Not that I really needed a change in Entourage formula.

- The Murphy Group can bring in some cool stuff too, although I think it is going to take away E from the group somewhat. But, he seems to be becoming more part of the hollywood "scene" or whatever which is also an interesting character development.

- Ari being angry Ari is always awesome.

-Drama smashing the window with the golf club just like in season 2 I thought was hilarious. Good callback even if it wasn't intended. Also heard he has a meltdown on the View or something this season.

- Only part I didn't get was what happened to Clouds? I know Walsh rewrote it and made it shit or whatever but where did we leave off with that last season?

mikeyj
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
can we talk about True Blood and how hot Anna Paquin is lookin...christ.

comeondieyoung
09-09-2008, 04:05 AM
maybe i just don't 'get' curb your enthusiasm but i think seinfeld owns it in a big way.

I bought the first season of Curb when it came out simply because of the ties to Seinfeld. Watched it and immediately traded it to a friend for a Family Guy set. Re-watched it a few years later and became obsessed.

I think it's the type of show where you either get it and love it, or don't and hate it.

Big_Guy
09-09-2008, 07:06 AM
can we talk about True Blood and how hot Anna Paquin is lookin...christ.

I always had a crush on her. she's definitely a looker

Simulacra
09-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Tried watching True Blood online just now, wasn't feeling the first 10 minutes or so - worth watching, overall?

musical-monkey
09-09-2008, 07:40 AM
- Only part I didn't get was what happened to Clouds? I know Walsh rewrote it and made it shit or whatever but where did we leave off with that last season?

I guess the same thing also happened to Turtle's lady friend who was also into shoes.

John
09-09-2008, 10:19 AM

I think it's safe to assume the team got canned after the Medellin fiasco.

irrationalfilms
09-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Best part of the episode was the babe strutting out of the ocean carrying four fish that she apparently caught WITH HER BARE HANDS.

That show is so stupidly ridiculous but I watch it. Do people outside of LA and the entertainment industry really enjoy the show? I always felt like the only reason anyone would watch is to hear the jargon and get glimpses into the agency world and see all the places they go to eat and drink.

Simulacra
09-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Do people outside of LA and the entertainment industry really enjoy the show?

I definitely don't, I can't get into fiction about rich people.

BNO
09-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Best part of the episode was the babe strutting out of the ocean carrying four fish that she apparently caught WITH HER BARE HANDS.

That show is so stupidly ridiculous but I watch it. Do people outside of LA and the entertainment industry really enjoy the show? I always felt like the only reason anyone would watch is to hear the jargon and get glimpses into the agency world and see all the places they go to eat and drink.

I do. I realize its not the fucking Wire or anything, but its a cool fantasy world with glimpses of the inside of what an exaggerated Hollywood looks like. I don't think the show takes itself very seriously

It is 25 minutes a week I look forward to.

Christopher
09-09-2008, 07:00 PM
this is pretty much how I feel about Weeds.

I watch weeds even though it's completely absurd.

avery
09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
i like that E was wearing an islanders shirt.

+1 on liking the end where drama takes a golf club to the car.

i catch it while hbo does a free weekend preview or while i'm travelling and it's on the hotel tv... makes me sad i don't have hbo. :(

BNO
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Pretty good second episode. Ari being real was a change and he still had some funny punch lines. Vince actually giving a shit and showing some passion was a real nice to see finally. E doubting himself could turn into something.

And Drama cussing out the voicemail or whatever was funny as shit.

I really think this season has the chance to be one of the better seasons, E and Vince are being set up for what could be some great storylines.

kevin
09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
I definitely hope E makes those writers big, just because I want them to keep Giovanni Ribisi on the show

John
09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
What a great Ari episode on the night when Ari takes home Emmy #2.

Big_Guy
09-22-2008, 04:36 PM
best ep. yet

BNO
10-06-2008, 07:39 PM
The newest entourage is an instant classic. Right up there with the val kilmer episode and the first busey one.

When Turtle thinks he hears arnold and hemight be the only one that can talk to him and E goes:
E:"He's talking to Drama".

Season has been some hot fire.

John
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
My mouse won't talk.

kevin
10-06-2008, 09:24 PM
i haven't been loving the last couple episodes. this show's really starting to go in circles. i love the characters, and lloyd and ari still make it worth watching, but the plot feels like they're kind of running on fumes right now

and not that it requires comparison, but californication is massively outperforming entourage in the guilty pleasure cable series category right now. i loved their spoof of the bangbus this week.

John
10-31-2008, 12:43 PM
So pumped.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/10400/_1222973374.jpg

monsterriffs
10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
and not that it requires comparison, but californication is massively outperforming entourage in the guilty pleasure cable series category right now. i loved their spoof of the bangbus this week.

Californication is really really strong right now. I'm loving the relationship between Hank and Lou Ashby. And the fact that they've made Becca into a black metal fan is hilarious to me.

The only plot line that is growing threadbare is Karen's constant indecisiveness. It's a stupid plot that is worn out by so many other shows, it really should be killed off soon.

anthem
10-31-2008, 01:56 PM
i haven't been loving the last couple episodes. this show's really starting to go in circles. i love the characters, and lloyd and ari still make it worth watching, but the plot feels like they're kind of running on fumes right now.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, but this week's episode was so awesome, I have some renewed faith in the show. Deep down, you knew how things would end up, but the way everything played out was pretty great.

BNO
10-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Entourage this season has been excellent and really flying by.

dsac86
09-22-2009, 09:27 PM
How have we not talked about the new season? Some pretty good stuff going on right now. Drama still bein' Drama.

Skapunk
09-22-2009, 09:51 PM
not enough ari.

BNO
09-23-2009, 05:35 AM
I haven't posted about this season because I think this season has been boring as fuck. Nothing of real consequence has really happened. The main storyline so far has been whether or no E dates Sloan or Crazy Chick. And neither of them either get naked.

At least this Lloyd storyline is pretty good and Drama's feud/trying to get a new show has been cool.

But that's about it.

comeondieyoung
09-23-2009, 06:14 AM
I'm quite content. I never expected much from this show anyway, just casual watching.