04-20-2010, 08:01 AM
granola bar
iced tea

asxyouxwish
04-20-2010, 08:06 AM
sausage egg and cheese on an english mufin

asxyouxwish
04-20-2010, 08:07 AM
lunch will be a six inch turkey with pepper jack on wheat with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives, and green pepper and a water

Dude Beer
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Sweet. Surely you didn't make that sandwich yourself right?

asxyouxwish
04-20-2010, 08:39 AM
subway fit menu b! although i cheat with the cheese. but i ran two miles yesterday and biked twelve so fuck it.

Dude Beer
04-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Nice dude, I'm on that same train. time to bump the MUP workout thread.

asxyouxwish
04-20-2010, 09:23 PM
my lady made wheat pasta with fresh tomatoes and ground beef in the sauce. salad on the side with cranberries and pine nuts. put some light ranch on that. had a glass of apple juice with it all.

2 oreo cookies a little bit ago. no milk, gotta go to the grocery store.

Dude Beer
04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
What type of oreos were they? ty.

asxyouxwish
04-21-2010, 09:15 AM
reduced fat

Dude Beer
04-26-2010, 03:58 PM
You should try this vanilla soy milk (light) in your cereal, it's pretty good:

http://www.citysackers.com/images/silk%20soy%20soymilk%20vanilla%20light%20.5%20gall on.jpg

asxyouxwish
04-26-2010, 04:53 PM
yeah that's what i usually have actually. keeps longer too, a nice plus.

avery
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
too much soy for dudes is actually not so good for you.

I did drink it occasionally before I got pregnant, probably go back when I'm done nursing. for now, it's organic 2%.

asxyouxwish
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
too much anything is not so good for you, nahmean?

Dude Beer
04-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I mean I still have milk in the fridge, but I think the soy vanilla stuff is a healthy alternative when eating cereal. The Chocolate stuff is pretty good too, and waaaaaay healthier than chocolate milk.

asxyouxwish
04-26-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/339

Probably the greatest amount of research on the long-term effects of soy has to do with soy infant formulas. Some kids can't tolerate regular formula and get switched to formula derived from soybeans and they'll drink this stuff from infancy to one-year of age and beyond. Some kids are raised on soy milk instead of cow's milk their whole lives. A 2004 Italian study of kids raised on soy protein formulas showed no gynecomastia, no early puberty, no changes in their bones and no other signs of screwed up hormones.

I should point out that searching "soy and gynecomastia" in the National Institute of Health database only spews out three articles, but you'll be happy to know that the reproductive tracts of male macaques were not adversely affected by ingesting soy. There is one interesting case report of a 60-year-old man who developed big ol' hooters and presented to a gland clinic for an answer. His gynecomastia eventually went away when they discovered he was drinking 3/4 of a GALLON of soy milk A DAY and told him to cut it out. With all the millions of people who ingest soy daily (there are countries where soy is a staple of the "normal" diet) the fact that there is one case report of one guy whose breast tissue was sensitive to soy products is reassuring to me.

avery
04-26-2010, 05:49 PM
lol big ol hooters. thanks for that article. and ya, I know another baby who is allergic to cow's milk so she was on a soy formula and then soy milk diet. I mean, fuck, I'm Asian so obviously it's in my diet also. i was mostly thinking about vegans/vegetarians who don't practice moderation. not everyone has the good sense to know too much of anything is bad for you. one of my friends had too much jamba juice while she was pregnant because she thought all that fruit juice was good for her and the baby. she got fat and developped gestational diabetes.

Dude Beer
04-26-2010, 06:06 PM
that vanilla soy milk makes damn good white russians too fwiw.