PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Food

Dude Beer
01-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Last year we ate sushi, which is a little too hippie and unfulfilling on Superbowl Sunday. Especially with such a monumental game last year!

I'm debating between getting the cliche pizza and wings, or getting "catered" BBQ from one of the faux-southern bbq places in boston.

What are ya'll planning on? Vegan Soy Chix Nuggets and Buckwheat Whole Grain Fritters?

asxyouxwish
01-26-2009, 09:30 AM
i'm trying to sell my people on getting barbecue from that place that made that catfish sandwich i sent you a picture of.

Big_Guy
01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Last year I ate these things called Firecrackers. saltines with peanut butter and weed sprinkled on top, baked at 400 deg.

yeah, I missed the superbowl because I was curled up in the fetal position

Dude Beer
01-26-2009, 12:53 PM
You missed a good one Big Guy. Also that sounds like it would taste all kinds of nasty.

I think getting barbecue is the way to go this year for sure. And I would love to see more food from that place the catfish came from.

Big_Guy
01-26-2009, 01:12 PM
yeah it was gross. but If you're ever trying to get so stoned that you literally question why you did it in the first place, I recommend eating Firecrackers

on a more serious note, things you need at a superbowl party:

-Sausages with peppers and onions
-chips and dip (lots of it and a variety)
-wings
-beer

Simulacra
01-27-2009, 08:53 AM
For Superbowl I'll probably be watching Woody Allen movies & not eating meat. Who wants to party?

I'd like to know more about these fritters.

Dude Beer
01-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm trying to play these various superbowl parties against each other to decide which one will have the best food, and also leave me with less stuff to buy for it. Unfortunately, so far there's only one I've heard of and it's having "I dunno, a keg and a big sub sandwich or something." No thank you!

Big_Guy
01-27-2009, 10:24 AM
variety is key.

just throw your own Ian. have maybe 4 different kinds of beer and a spread that would make Michael Moore cream in his pants

asxyouxwish
01-27-2009, 10:29 AM
definitely into not paying for anything. i'm broke!

Dude Beer
01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
variety is key.

just throw your own Ian. have maybe 4 different kinds of beer and a spread that would make Michael Moore cream in his pants

There's a chance we might still do it at my house. If that's the case I plan on wings and pizza and other shit like that. Busch or Natty Light will be the beer for guests. People always end up here anyway at nights on the weekends after going out. On the bad side the floors are always sticky from spilled beer on Sat. and Sun. mornings, but on the plus side since people are always here, I get donated cool stuff like an entire extra fridge, furniture, homemade bar (which is sweet) and a homemade Beer Pong table.

Dude Beer
01-29-2009, 08:58 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2009/01/01snackstadium.jpg