PDA

View Full Version : I got a new part time job

Dude Beer
11-21-2008, 06:45 PM
At a grocery store. I don't really need the money, but I don't have much else going on during my last year of law school and I'd rather make money get paid instead of taking our more loans.

Today was like my second day checking people out, and everyone who was rude to me or wanted me to put paper bags inside of DOUBLE plastic bags (which is impossible and takes forever) I would squish their chips in the bag or smash their veggies / crushable items. So be nice to your check out people, or you'll have my finger prints in your bread or get squashed bananas and doritos.

dsac86
11-22-2008, 09:51 AM
GET MONEY. GET PAID.

asxyouxwish
11-22-2008, 12:38 PM
what grocery store is this? please post real time pictures of foods.

Dude Beer
11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
A large chain that's mainly in New England. These old ladies doin' their Thanksgiving shopping are ridiculous. I saw this well dressed, white haired older dude read an entire Batman comic book in the store.

Simulacra
11-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Aim high!

jordan pastepunk
11-25-2008, 06:52 AM
At a grocery store. I don't really need the money, but I don't have much else going on during my last year of law school and I'd rather make money get paid instead of taking our more loans.

Today was like my second day checking people out, and everyone who was rude to me or wanted me to put paper bags inside of DOUBLE plastic bags (which is impossible and takes forever) I would squish their chips in the bag or smash their veggies / crushable items. So be nice to your check out people, or you'll have my finger prints in your bread or get squashed bananas and doritos.

This is like a redux to my summer job in 1997. I was known to crush a carton of eggs or two. Because of my sometimes surly attitude, management often stuck me on the express lane for hours as punishment.

Dude Beer
11-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Last night this lil old woman came up to my register with just a "Barack Obama commemorative magazine" and also asked for:

Old Lady: "I need a pretty book of stamps"
*me digging around in the register*
Me: "Well I all I have are these multi-colored liberty bell stamps"
Old Lady: "No no, I need a pretty book of stamps. A pretty book of stamps JUST for me."

Also this chubby Russian girl in high school who works there came through my line with her Russian b/f and they just bought a 2 liter of coke and a big box of condoms. They were both giggling and acting weird the whole time. I think they would have had a lot less embarrassment if they would have (1) gone to a store the girl didn't work at, (2) go through the self-check out line, or (3) just bang it out with no protection and hope for the best!

jordan pastepunk
11-25-2008, 09:28 AM
My favorite cashier moment, by far, was this 50ish dude, walking in wearing only bathing suit trunks, holding a huge rack of ribs in his hand while on line. That day the credit card machines were down, and there were signs all over the place saying cash only. Noticing that the guy had a credit card in his hand (no wallet in sight), I mentioned that the machines are down, and he just starts to throw this tantrum in the store about 'how the fuck could this happen?!?!' and "well, what the fuck do I do about the ribs?!?!?" He lost it and a manager had a physically shove him out of the store.

asxyouxwish
11-25-2008, 09:30 AM
i feel that dude's pain though. fucking ribs, man.

asxyouxwish
11-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Also this chubby Russian girl in high school who works there came through my line with her Russian b/f and they just bought a 2 liter of coke and a big box of condoms. They were both giggling and acting weird the whole time. I think they would have had a lot less embarrassment if they would have (1) gone to a store the girl didn't work at, (2) go through the self-check out line, or (3) just bang it out with no protection and hope for the best!

they obviously were implying that they were looking for another participant.

avery
11-25-2008, 02:53 PM
they obviously were implying that they were looking for another participant.

that's what i gathered as well.

Dude Beer
11-25-2008, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't do this chick with HFD's big black wang.

Dude Beer
12-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Tonight this one kid who was bagging for me, who looks kind of like Drew Carrey sans the glasses, had a softball size hole in the back of his workshirt with burn marks around it. I asked him about the hole, and he said the other day before work he and some friends (probably imaginary) blew up a spray paint can and the round bottom of the can flew at him like shrappnel and burned the back of his shirt. Pretty bad ass.

Another dude has a G-UNIT tatto on his forearm (he's white) and has another one on his elbow of Stewie Griffin flipping the bird. He was wearing these fake Gucci snowboots over his jeans for his whole shift, even though it hasn't started snowing yet.

chunk
12-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Delivery.

Dude Beer
12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
You know how when you gotta buy something embarrassing from CVS or whatever, and you rationalize it in your head before checking out "OK, they see this all the time not a big deal, shouldn't be embarrased."

Wrong, I judge everyone who buys that shit in my lane. Today this woman bought astroglide along with the rest of her groceries. I wondered what area of her body would be getting lubed up. Maybe her vagina's broke? Maybe she likes ass play? Even when people buy vagisil or preparation H I always have to keep from laughing. Pretty immature but whatever.

Also they took away our microwave in the break room today because someone put chicken in there and set it for 30 MINUTES. It caught on fire and the entire store stunk.

dsac86
12-14-2008, 08:02 PM
my buddies used to buy astroglide because they were into having rubik's cube competitions and the lube let them spin it faster.

Dude Beer
12-14-2008, 08:13 PM
my buddies used to buy astroglide because they were into having rubik's cube competitions and the lube let them spin it faster.

This woman had red hair and squinty eyes, no way was she using that astroglide to play rubik's cube.

avery
12-14-2008, 11:12 PM
perfect timing.

Dude Beer
12-20-2008, 07:42 PM
The majority of people that work with me in the afternoons and evenings are high schoolers, and these kids are such huge dorks. It is so awesome though. I absolutely love hearing about world of warcraft clans and LARPing (Live Action Role Playing). I really need to get in on some of this stuff; I am so intrigued by it now. This one girl who could probably lose a pound or two was telling me about her science fiction show her and her friends are "going to make" about inter dimensional time travel. I'm going to ask to proof read her scripts.

http://deliciousghost.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/750px-larp_sternenfeuer_treffen.jpg

Dude Beer
01-17-2009, 02:30 PM
This kid who works at the service desk got arrested because he was driving around while on Mushrooms and ran over a few cops. (http://www.wickedlocal.com/watertown/news/police_and_fire/x497782355/Hearing-delayed-in-case-of-Watertown-driver-who-allegedly-hit-police-officers-while-high)

Also this weird old guy who works in the mornings asked one of the slow kids that bags groceries to give him a blow job in the bathroom. He was carried out by two cops and fired in front of every one.

Big_Guy
01-18-2009, 12:11 AM
yeah, this shit happened at least once a week when I worked at a grocery store

chunk
01-18-2009, 11:28 AM
So stoked that the world works like that one episode of Law and Order SVU.

avery
01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
So stoked that the world works like that one episode of Law and Order SVU.

the one where the guy who works at the grocery store gets the "slow" girl to "exercise" with him?

Big_Guy
01-18-2009, 03:38 PM
that one is so classic

ebullientsoul
01-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh, LARPing.

I never thought I'd hear about it on MUP, though.

Anyway, don't get into it.

dsac86
01-21-2009, 10:51 PM
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ04mfAY2BU
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QFYCcLTZEcI

Dude Beer
01-27-2009, 03:30 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/Selloutian/photo.jpg